SUS Viscosity @ 210°F - 50.8
cSt Viscosity @ 100°C - 7.51
Flashpoint in °F - 385
Fuel % - Antifreeze % - 0%
Water % - 0%
Insolubles % - 0.3%

TBN - 2.0

Blackstones comments:
It looks like you picked up a nice one! Universal averages are based on an oil run of 5,000 miles. This oil was run a bit longer than that yet all wear read right around average and in the proper balance. We see that you're interested in running your oil longer and we se no reason not to do so. Try 7,500 miles next time and check back for another look at wear. The TBN read 2.0 so you had just enough active additive left to have run this oil longer. 1.0 is a low reading. The oil itself was in good shape physically and contained no harmful contaminants. Nice!

Report looks pretty good. I would probably run a 5k or 6k oci myself, I see no reason to push this oil past 6k as blackstone suggested.

I would have to slightly disagree with Blackstone's recommendation for 7500 miles on this oil. That TBN is pretty low so are Zinc and Phos. Iron is a little high but fairly new engine so I Would stick with the 5000 mile intervals if you are going to stay with this oil; especially if you are 75% highway which in most cases cars like. 7 months between oil changes you could put the really good stuff in that ride
56.gif
Everything Else looks good though, I like that Boron.

I purchased the car used in January so the mileage\time on the oil may be slightly off. I'm running Mobil 1 now, so we'll see how that looks after 7500 miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: S2500Dog
Oil looks good to me, but try 6,000 miles instead of 7,500 miles and see how things turn out. good luck !

With a 5 quart jug of Motorcraft costing 12 bucks it makes no sense pushing it past 5K miles.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE

With a 5 quart jug of Motorcraft costing 12 bucks it makes no sense pushing it past 5K miles.

My thoughts exactly

The OEM recommended OCI is 7500 miles so I see no problem with going over 5000 miles.

Last edited:
Go the 7500. Test. I don't care what it shows, one OCI isn't going to radically alter the space-time continuum.

Then you know.

The oil you're seeking should afford you the ability to do 6 month OCI's MAX. So take your annual mileage ..cut it in half ..and set that as your target OCI. Buy oil that works in that span of time:miles without wasting $$$.

This assumes that you're a DIY'r and you're not considering annual OCI's.

I am curious as to why the oil seems to be "used up" considering it takes 6 qts of oil and most of the driving was on the highway..I am comparing this sample to my own experience..'01 subaru/2.5L/4qts MC 5/20 / TBN of 4.5 @5200mi/ 85% highway miles

Last edited:
^different engine, different driving conditions, etc, etc.

OP, add a little bit of oil during the interval and you'll be set!

TBN is 2.0 @5800 miles and they say take it to 7500? That sounds a little risky to me. Doesn't the TBN drop quicker as it gets lower on the scale? My daughter has this same engine and 35k miles on her 07 Fusion and I do the oil changes as well.

^It's not really possible to guarantee how fast/slow TBN will move towards depletion. It drops/stabilizes in stages generally, depends on the oil, the app, and the condition of the app. Which is why trending is important to establish first.

...those things in mind, I still believe the oil should be changed now. It's basically double the 3,000 excessive maintenance plan getting close to 6,000 as this UOA shows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back