Gumout Regane MSDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quest

MSDS- Material Safety Data Sheet, it carries the health-related information for doctors, emergency health physicians and the appropriate personnel in the field to aid in an emergency-related situations (deal with certain poisoning/ingestion, etc.). It does not (and companies aren't obligated to do so, to a certain extend) contain enough information to reveal what's the proprietary ingredients within that particular products.

If one MSDS states that "X" is contained in the product. But a subsequent MSDS NO LONGER STATES that "X" is contained in the same product. Then "Y" would you need a degree in chemical engineering to see that there is a difference between sheet A and sheet B?

Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay

MSDS- Material Safety Data Sheet, it carries the health-related information for doctors, emergency health physicians and the appropriate personnel in the field to aid in an emergency-related situations (deal with certain poisoning/ingestion, etc.). It does not (and companies aren't obligated to do so, to a certain extend) contain enough information to reveal what's the proprietary ingredients within that particular products.

If one MSDS states that "X" is contained in the product. But a subsequent MSDS NO LONGER STATES that "X" is contained in the same product. Then "Y" would you need a degree in chemical engineering to see that there is a difference between sheet A and sheet B?

But a change in MSDS does not = a change in formula. Sometimes materials are listed that aren't required and sometimes the requirements of listing certain chemicals change. Not to mention there are no requirements saying your MSDS can't change w/out a formulation change.

It doesn't take a college degree to decipher the difference between MSDS and formulation and the lack of transitive analysis between the two.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: badtlc

But a change in MSDS does not = a change in formula.

But it could.

But a change in MSDS does not = a change in formula.

But it could.

+1 and I believe it did! I really don't care what anyone on here states. That's why I'm not using it anymore. Why pay for a product not knowing what's in there when you can pay almost the same price and get the product where you KNOW FOR SURE PEA is in there?!? Redline anyone???

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45

+1 and I believe it did! I really don't care what anyone on here states. That's why I'm not using it anymore. Why pay for a product not knowing what's in there when you can pay almost the same price and get the product where you KNOW FOR SURE PEA is in there?!? Redline anyone???

NightRider, I agree with you 100%. Redline all the way. Why be uncertain when you can be certain?

I don't know what motivates the folks that argue in favor of corporate concealment and evasive behavior.

The fact of the matter is certain products are desired only for an "active ingredient" or just an ingredient that the consumer feels is essential. That's the reason they are buying the product. In other words they don't want the product without that ingredient. Simple. It's their right to know what they're buying.

The law lags behind the importance of this. That doesn't make it right and consequently that makes it fair for industry to alter and non-disclose all sorts of things that can wind up being flat out deception at the end of the day.

Regular strength Tylenol contains 325 mg Acetaminophen. Extra strength Tylenol contains 500 mg Acetaminophen. It's disclosed. Not proprietary. I am sick to death of the word proprietary. People on here lobby on behalf of big business' RIGHT to their proprietary formulas. As though they would fold if we knew their main ingredient.

Jack Daniels is 80 proof alcohol. It used to be 86 proof. Why did the label have to reflect the change? Because it's regulated. Should it be proprietary? It can't harm people to decrease the content of alcohol in a product can it?

Why does caffeine free Coke have to state it has no caffeine in it?
Why does gasoline with ethanol have to state it?
Why can't they alter the octane rating and not disclose it?

Automotive products are expensive. The people buying them SHOULD have the right to know what they're buying. To argue that they shouldn't have that right is contrary to almost every established industry in this nation.

Quote:
I don't know what motivates the folks that argue in favor of corporate concealment and evasive behavior.

Well, then, I guess you're swearing off of Mobil 1 for the rest of your life since you have no way of knowing how much of each component they've put into the composite blend.

Good for you, Art! No more speculation about getting "something extra" by using a cloaked in darkness policy company's product.
thumbsup2.gif

No more M1 for Art!

But it could.

But it didn't.

OK let me ask you a question. How did Gumout Regane become known to contain PEA in the first place? As opposed to regular Gumout Fuel Injector cleaner for instance. How did that become legitimate public knowledge?

Last edited:

But it could.

But it didn't.

OK let me ask you a question. How did Gumout Regane become known to contain PEA in the first place? As opposed to regular Gumout Fuel Injector cleaner for instance. How did that become legitimate public knowledge?

It was in the MSDS. What the MSDS lists has to be in the product. What is in the product doesn't have to be in the MSDS unless it is a safety hazard requiring to be listed.

Agree, Only Gumout Regane contain high % of PEA. That the reason it is more expensive than most Gumout product.

i searched for poly ether amine toxicity and it seems there is some toxicity associated with PEA, so it should be on the MSDS

i can't find the MSDS from that link tho. i hope its not true, i enjoyed using it earlier this year, i even suspected they added octane boost because it ran really smooth and responsive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back