vo106 Valvoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purolator. It is one of the consolidation oil filters. When Valvoline switched vendors from Champ labs to Purolator they also made some new part numbers. I think that filter is basically like a 7317 that will fit multiple cars.

Didn't know Ashland had also gone into the oil filter making business?

Seems like beast above has the latest known info on the Valvoline oil filter maker, Puro.

Only thing I'd add, if the vo106 is a newer consolidation filter, it's likely the shorter 14612/6607 rather than the longer 14610/7317.

I had orderd a bunch of off autobarn and they are all the newer Valvoline filters. Very cheap to, but you got to buy 48 of them. They had Asland on the filter boxes.

It states they are synthetic media so I am thinkin close to Pureones.

prod033.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dvldoc
I had orderd a bunch of off autobarn and they are all the newer Valvoline filters. Very cheap to, but you got to buy 48 of them. They had Asland on the filter boxes.

It states they are synthetic media so I am thinkin close to Pureones.

Something seems strange ... synthetic media and cheap too?

"American Pressure Relief Valve" ... hummm, what's that mean?

Went to the AutoBarn site. Those New Zealand Valvoline filters have limited applications, mostly older vehicles. Haven't seen a Purolator made filter with a coil spring retainer.

The OP's VO-106 isn't even listed. I'm still thinking the majority sold and used here are now made by Purolator in the US. If one goes to the US Valvoline Parts catalog at link below, a pic of of the vo-106 is available. Looks like a Purolator filter, likely similar to Puro L14612.

Go to Valvoline Parts Catalog Click on the 'Part Search' tab, type in VO-106 in search box, click search. Then click on the blue VO-106 for a pic/image of the VO-106 including the base plate.

Funny though, the New Zealand Valvoline website reminds me of the Synlube site.
48.gif

Originally Posted By: dvldoc
The newer ones are made by Ashland.

No.

Ashland is the parent company of Valvoline. They do not make their own oil filters.

With regard to it being a synthetic blend media, nearly all modern oil filters are at a minimum a synthetic blend. Their efficiency isn't going to be as high as the more expensive Purolator branded filters, and some part numbers are not as long as their Purolator branded counterparts. That is typical of Quaker State, Pennzoil, Performax and Valvoline filters, which are all commonly used by oil change shops.

Call the filter hotline. 18005264250

These are made by Purolator.

95% efficient at 20 microns so not to shabby. That if for VO106 filters.

OT Nah, less than impressed with the new Puro Response Office. Last I emailed, then followed up with a call the 800# to clarify, the rep was clueless in explaining P1's recommended oci as elucidated on their website. And clearly, without going into detail, the customer service rep I reached was no engineer and was rather giving his opinion. Here they just confirmed what was already posted, that Puro was the maker in the US.

As linked earlier, the Valvoline online parts catalog shows all the Valvo oil filter applications. Simply by using the look up tabs and clicking on the part#/parts detail, one can get a clear picture/display of the baseplate showing them to be Purolator made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back