purolator filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: irocurpony
Other then classic, pure one, bosch premium, and busch distance plus what other oil filters are owned by purolator?

I wouldn't call it "owned by Purolator", but rather manufactured by Purolator to the standards/specifications of the company they are making them for.

There are many.

motorcraft, proline, i used to have a couple microguard that were rebadged classics...the list goes on

microguard filters used to be made by purolator but are now made by another company, in china. I used to get them at o'reilly's auto parts and one day I noticed that the quality had changed so I took them back to the store.

Originally Posted By: kballowe
microguard filters used to be made by purolator but are now made by another company, in china. I used to get them at o'reilly's auto parts and one day I noticed that the quality had changed so I took them back to the store.

that's weird...the last i looked at were made by fram in the usa..

Originally Posted By: irocurpony
Other then classic, pure one, bosch premium, and busch distance plus what other oil filters are owned by purolator?

Actually, Purolator Filters is jointly owned by Bosch and Mann+Himmel

I drove p/t for Oreillys. The Microguard filters were Purolator based until sometime in early 2010. Then they went with Fram.

Originally Posted By: austinlunsford
Originally Posted By: kballowe

that's weird...the last i looked at were made by fram in the usa..

Some Mann branded filters are Purolator manufactured and similar in construction to the Purolator Classic or PureOne.

i understand he puro classic has alot of copies what about the higher end filters like bosch premium distance plus and pure one?

Many of the Puro Classic clones aren't exact copies .. for instance the Quaker State's I use are 94% at 20 micron where the Classic is 97.5%. The Advance Auto filter's were the same.. I would imagine some/many of the private-labeled Purolator made's are too.

^^^^Good point, clones in general appearance/construction only. Only one that 'may' be an actual clone, though no actual proof, would be the Mann canister filters now made by Purolator.

As for clones of Bosch Prem./P1 and BD+, don't know of any. Afaik have to buy them as branded to get the same features.

Originally Posted By: dvldoc
Valvoline oil filters are made by Purolator.

Unless Champ lost the business to Purolator, Valvoline is made by Champ.

Was when I was at Champ. I did a training seminar for Valvoline at their HQ in Ashland Kentucky for some oil engineers.

Yes the media is different in different brands...different efficiency, etc. even the amount varies somewhat.
In the Bosch D+, the canister and media are both thicker.

Same general construction layout though.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i like the better flow over the better filtered i always said i would rather dirty oil than none at all

I've never seen a difference in downstream oil pressure from anything I've used ranging from PureOne to cheap, mediocre filtration types. I think that's because the pump is positive displacement, and except what blows out the pressure bypass regulator when it gets too high of pressure upstream, pretty much all the oil in the pump has to go through the filter to the engine with every revolution.

Originally Posted By: mongo161
Quaker State Oil Filters are Purolator Classic filters.

Not exactly. Quaker State, Pennzoil, Performax and Valvoline oil filters, while made by Purolator, are not the exact same filter as their Purolator branded bothers. These filters are meant for oil change shops, who do not want to carry more part numbers than necessary, so some of the filters are shorter to fit other applications as well. The Purolator L24011 that goes on my friends 99 Suburban is about 3/4" longer than its counterpart from the above brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back