Don't forget to change your Cabin Air Filter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: david_ES2
ive vaccumd the one on the 04 honda dozens of times but i think its about time to get some new ones....its starting to have a weird smell when the a/c is turned off and fans are on high.

Checked mine the other day, 17K miles after 17 months of use. Driven a lot in the last 12 months in the CA desert (lots of very fine dust). When I pulled it out, was surprised at how much dust and larger debris were present. Didn't have a new one so just tapped all the dust/debris out. Sprayed it down with Lysol as I have had a the wierd AC smell. The lysol did take care of the smell, at least so far.

Got a new one on order w/NAPA and am thinking about a cleaner for the AC coils....

Anyone tried any of these type products to clean the AC coils?
There are others but I have used other einszett products abd have been satisified with their quality.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002Z2MKO/ref=gno_cart_title_1

einszettKlimaCleaner.jpg

i have used the wix filters for my honda and they look identical to oem and much cheaper. My in laws gave us their old 96 LS 400 and when i took out the cabin filter, it was pretty clear it had never been changed, the pleats were filled to the brim with debris and decayed leaves. When i put the new one in, air output in the vents increased significantly and the smell from the vents was much better. In looking at the maintenance records, they paid to have them changed but the dealer did not do it.

Since I have both eye and sinus allergies, I change the cabin filter every 15k miles on my Civic. The filter starts to develop a mildew smell by 10k. The dealer recommended 30k is fine for less sensitive people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back