what oil for my high compression type r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so join the site to know more about oils. I have an integra type r fully built wiseco pistons, 12.5 skunk2 pro1 cams ( big cams) 210whp, I live in canada and don't drive the car in the winter, currently I'm running motul 5w30 with a oem filter just wondering what u guy reccomend, I'm pretty heavy on the gas and go to track days most weekends thanks

You are fine on Motul 5w30, but I would do m1 0w40 as it should be easier to find and cheaper.

there is a local motul dealer by me so its not hard, and head its a full skunk2 valvetrain with pro1 cams skunk2 intake mani and skunk2 68mil throttle body, 210whp for s 1.8l on pump gas is pretty good, my hytech rep header is probably the thing robbing horse power, so i guess i should stick with the motul?

210WHP is pretty darn good on an all motor 1.8l.. but Skunk 2 Pro 1's aren't really "big cams"...
smile.gif

Motul is good stuff, a lil pricey but decent overall oil. I'd also look at some Pennzoil Ultra.

Originally Posted By: Brenden
You are fine on Motul 5w30, but I would do m1 0w40 as it should be easier to find and cheaper.

I agree, although the M1 0W-40 will likely be heavier than necessary at operating temp's it will be lighter on start-up.
Therefore a 50/50 blend with M1 5W-30 would be an option.

My preferred choice would be Red Line 0W-30. It's a lot cheaper than Motul, is also ester based with high levels of moly and ZDDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back