Your favorite brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like sports teams I think we all to some extant have a car brand we are loyal to.

In my case its Mercedes.

I refuse to buy a car that's not a Mercedes. I think once you own a good one your ruined and nothing will make you happy anymore. Plus they are the safest in the world. I have seen a number roll over and not break the windshield the roofs are so stiff. I also like that fact that 100k is when a proper Mercedes is broken in, after that is when they get good.

Lets here who else has their own special manufacture!

Last edited:
MBs are OK but way over rated. My daughter has two. A 2005 SL 500 and a 2005 4 dr sedan something or other. Anyway both have been costly with repairs. In fact she has spent more in repairs with her MBs than my Fords by a long shot.

I want so badly to be loyal to Honda, I've owned 6, but they really aren't headed in the direction I am. I don't even want an Odyssey, arguably their best car, even though we're going onto our third kid soon.

I've had two Toyotas. Very bland. Unbelievably reliable. They just work without getting paid.

Unfortunately our family's one experience with a 2001 ML 320 will keep me from ever buying a Mercedes. I'll leave the specifics to the imagination, needless to say they aren't good. Our climate keeps me from buying RWD cars anyways, and if I got a BMW/Merc I'd want a sedan anyway.

So, if anything I envy you. I have to shop two auto shows and a half dozen dealers every time I need a car.

fords are okay, and at least the old benz's were made like tanks to run for ages. but i'm in love with subarus and the funny boxer engine sounds they make; their mid 90s models are generally very reliable, last a long time, and can take a beating, and I think even the newer ones have ironed out their problems; the only reservation I'd have is they moved to an interference engine, though the boxer diesel noww has a timing chain if i remember right, which makes that okay.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
In my case it is Ford..I refuse to buy a car that is not a Ford..You can easily put 300K miles [or more] on one if you keep it serviced properly.

I don't want to turn this into a religious thing, but A-Men to that. We run Fords in my family to 250-350K.

Last edited:
Without hesitation my preferred manufacturer is TOYOTA. All the Toyotas we have owned and currently own are, without question, extremely reliable and all around great vehicles.

More specifically I have a special affinity toward the Corolla and Prius.

For something to depend on, that has never left me stranded, even when something broke, it has to be Ford.

I do love BMW's as well, just not for the same reasons, LOL

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
For something to depend on, that has never left me stranded, even when something broke, it has to be Ford.

I do love BMW's as well, just not for the same reasons, LOL

I fully understand that. I do love to drive my daughters SL 500 for the same reason.

I have a Mazda Protege SE 1998, 340k miles. All original. Road trip car, trying to let it go, but can not find an excuse. The Lincoln Town Car Cartier 2002, 490k miles. It was an airport service car; Jiffy Lube serviced fluids. Plays a role of a spare emergency vehicle. Original everything, except for the alternator. I had an E320 MB, and it was OK. Excellent suspension, not so good dependability. I think my old Thunderbird was more reliable. I do not care about brands, as long as I am lucky with my specimen. Now, since the demise of Panthers, we have one pilot Toyota Avalon LM - shall see how it goes.

First chevy guy I guess...
27.gif

Explorer was willed to me

Last edited:
Whoever makes good pickup trucks and will likely still be in business in 20 years. (Probably not GM as they made me mad and still may fail in business...but I do like the Silverado.)

I have lots of favorite brands, including the cars that I own.
For domestic brands I do have a preference for Chevy's.
For oriental brands I like Hondas and Mazdas for there sporting origins but they are way down the list of cars I would actually want to buy.

Originally Posted By: justinf89
First chevy guy I guess...
27.gif

Explorer was willed to me

Im with you, i love Chevy.. Ive owned Fords, there great autos, just prefer Chevys.. My wifes on her second Accord.. that car seems bulletproof.. I just passed on buying a 1999 BMW 320. very sporty little thing, just made me to nervous to pull the trigger.. im still shopping for a 3rd FAMILY auto..
Read alot of good things about Jeep Libertys ?

I'm a Dodge truck man myself but I could easily see my butt in a new Ford F-150 equipped with the 5.0 V8.

Any Japanese brand car that is actually built in Japan.

The best automobiles I have ever owned were:

1989 Acura Integra
2005 Mazda 3
2006 Mazda 3
2010 Mazda 6 (built in Michigan) current wife's car
2011 Mazda 3 my current car

ZERO warranty work ever done to the Mazda 3's.
The Mazda 6 continues to be a great car but did have to replace the drivers side sun visor and 3 or the 4 TPMS sensors.

For quality and reliability European cars cannot touch Japanese cars.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

I would agree, except my mid-size LTD was another story, as I've already outlined to you. It had a valid excuse, though, I suppose; it had a bajillion miles on it.

I definitely like my Fords, but I'm not too brand loyal. I had a very good experience with my Audi, too. I've had only Fords since I started driving, except for the G and the Audi, other than the odd other vehicle I bought for the sole purpose of flipping.

My 68' Scout was my favorite. Best 4x4 I have ever had. It went wherever you pointed it.

But @ 852,000 miles of off roading the body was falling apart. The axles and engine are living in a friends Scout 2.

2010-06-0695140237.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back