What tire pressure on Ariens snow thrower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Model 924118, 24', 8 hp, 8 years old.
Tires are very nubby, like Snow Hog. Size is 16/4.8 x 8.

I have NEVER checked the tire pressure until today. Hardly moved the needle. Sidewall has 20 lb max. Driveway is steep hill so I don't want to over inflate. Should I use 10 or 12 lbs or? I will check pressure again when temp. drops.

Thanks

I run 9-10lbs in my ariens tires. this is a 38 yr. old unit. I believe this should be OK for you . How about chains for that steep hill? Your tires are probably tubeless. You want to make sure you don't break the rim seal. FWIW-Oldtommy

Oldtommy,

Thank you.

Yes, I am now thinking about chains. (While I could say I haven't needed them in the last 8 years. A few years ago the machine did slip going up hill. I went down with it and it then slid past me. I now have "chains" for my boots(from LL Bean). Not to mention that I'm now 68. (I retired last April, so I guess I now have more time to think about these things.)

Any suggestions on where to look for chains on line?

Thank you.

My experience with the Snow Hog tires is; You'll get real good traction if you keep them soft, maybe around 6psig. Real deep, heavy snow where your doing long straight runs it's great.

For lots of tight spot maneuvering, your better keeping them stiff @ 8-10psig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back