Bathurst 1000 on Speed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed is going to (FINALLY!!) show the famous Ozzie race in it's entirety (I believe?) on 10/8 @ 7:00PM Eastern.
thumbsup2.gif

My only disappointment is that they are using 'Boogity Boogity' as one of the commentators.
mad.gif
31.gif

There are NO Toys in this race for him to shill for (correct?), and they are turning/braking left AND right, and shifting many times a lap, so WHY let this dolt flap his overused jaws???!!!

All I care is that they are showing it. Was trying to get a trip organized to go and watch Bathurst this year, but that fell apart when it came time to get people to actually spend money.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
All I care is that they are showing it. Was trying to get a trip organized to go and watch Bathurst this year, but that fell apart when it came time to get people to actually spend money.

ive been the organizer for our local sportsbike community for some time... talk is cheap, when its time to open your wallet for said plans.. things seem to change.. i cant tell how many fouled mountain trip have happened becouse 3/4 the participants backed out last minute.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
There are NO Toys in this race for him to shill for (correct?)

They'll fix that with COTF... I'm kepping on kepping up to date.

Wonder if you lot will be on delay like we were least year. Guys arriving home from the race, and seeing it "LIVE" in front of their families.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
There are NO Toys in this race for him to shill for (correct?)

They'll fix that with COTF... I'm kepping on kepping up to date.

Are they (Toy) going to use their TRD developed NASCAR OHV engine, or something else in their COTF??
21.gif

Dunno...under the rules of COTY, they can run a Chev or a Ford if they (or Hyundai) want to I think

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

You've missed some cold and miserable weather so far.

I hope it rains here,but unfortunately it looks like fine weather for sunday. Nothing worse than sitting inside all day watching motor racing and drinking beer...I'll probably go for a ride instead. And there's rugby matches to watch too....I'm just too sported out.

Originally Posted By: Silk
I hope it rains here,but unfortunately it looks like fine weather for sunday. Nothing worse than sitting inside all day watching motor racing and drinking beer...

I can pretty well guarantee that it'll be raining here...it's Bathurst weekend.

I'm hoping Van Gisbergen will give the Stone Brothers some good luck this weekend. If those triple eights weren't so dominant he'd be getting more than bottom steps on the podium.

Lap 3 at the moment.

Crews are annoyed that they got very little practice in.

Each team was allocated only a single set of wets for the whole weekend, which they used in practice...in the wet.

Tyres were flown in, leaving the teams with 4 sets of wets for the whole weekend, and as a result, "practice" was limited to checking the basic car set-up and qualifying.

What sort of neighbour knocks on the door as they go through the chase on the second last lap ????

One who gets ignored for 2-1/2 minutes.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
What sort of neighbour knocks on the door as they go through the chase on the second last lap ????

One who gets ignored for 2-1/2 minutes.

lol.gif

The last few laps were exciting,and I was flipping channels between Bathurst and the Australia/South Africa rugby test. Great to see Murph back on the podium,they kept the car up there all day,and were in the right place at the end.

I watched a lot of the race but had to go to bed; didn't catch the finish.

Is there any racetrack in the world with that much elevation change, not including hill climbs? The camera helicopter was dipping below some of the hills tracking the cars on that hilly straight away, and that part didn't even have the most elevation change!

Cool race, cool track, cool cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back