Dash board protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost anything (or using nothing) is better than Armor All. 303, Poorboys Natural Look, and Surf City Dash Away are all great. My new favorite is Surf City Dash Away. It's and excellent cleaner and protectant. It leaves 0 shine. Your dash will look totally natural. It smells nice, and can be bought at a lot of Wal Marts (or AAPs, etc.). I won't go back to 303 on the interior after using Dash Away. I didn't like the small, and 303 leaves some shine (tiny bit).

303 is laughable and it's UV protection is non existent. You would be better off w/ some over the counter product from WM such as 2001 or amorall (try different sheen level).

Last edited:
I like Meguiars M40, UV protection,prevents fading cracking and drying, excellent for dashboards
thumbsup2.gif

AutoZone

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Originally Posted By: 2Fast4U
303 is laughable and it's UV protection is non existent. You would be better off w/ some over the counter product from WM such as 2001 or amorall (try different sheen level).

I find that hard to believe. Got any links to prove 303 has zero UV protection it in?

Originally Posted By: Chris B.

I find that hard to believe. Got any links to prove 303 has zero UV protection it in?

I've posted my own pictures before on this forum of the horrible experience with 303 and how UV protection was next to nothing. I purchased 303 ONLY because of this board and hands down it's been the worst protectant type product I've purchased for my vehicle.

I've posted my own pictures before on this forum of the horrible experience with 303 and how UV protection was next to nothing. I purchased 303 ONLY because of this board and hands down it's been the worst protectant type product I've purchased for my vehicle.

Could you give us a link to your post? I'm not doubting you at all, I'm just curious. 303 is about as rare as hen's teeth up here, so the only thing I know about the product is its online reputation.

Originally Posted By: Garak

Could you give us a link to your post? I'm not doubting you at all, I'm just curious. 303 is about as rare as hen's teeth up here, so the only thing I know about the product is its online reputation.

The GREAT 303.
TheGreat303.jpg

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1772047
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1785413
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post2222173

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kkreit01
My new favorite is Surf City Dash Away. It's and excellent cleaner and protectant. It leaves 0 shine. Your dash will look totally natural. It smells nice, and can be bought at a lot of Wal Marts (or AAPs, etc.).

I agree great stuff. Plus it can be used on so many other things: steering wheel, shift knob, interior door panels, leather, rubber door seals, cup holders, console etc. On the bottle it says it can be used on fabric stains also. $10 a bottle and no shipping charges when I pick it up locally.

Originally Posted By: Garak

The GREAT 303.
TheGreat303.jpg

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1772047
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1785413
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post2222173

I had good luck with it, but will consider trying something else when I finish up with it.

my experience with 303 has been that it looked great on my grey f150 dash but on my black camry dash i always had a hard time getting it to look evenly applied to the point where i would wipe and wipe on it possibly taking some of the protection away in the process (i assume) keep in mind though a person without a sharp eye would probably never notice the slight variation im talking about but...

Another thing on my f150 once i had the window down while going through a drive-thru and rain got on the corner of the dash and it was on there from that time till i sold it a year later and i could still see where there was some little water drop outlines even after numerous applications of it. unless it was something the previous owner had spilled there before but i dont remember seeing it if thats the case

id steer clear of armor all too many bad things have been said about it ranging from too greesy to drying the dash out and making it crack for me to ever use it. (i dont believe it would make a dash crack was prob just a coincidence i imagine)

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Do any of these dash board protectant 'evaporate' and then make the glass greasy ?
21.gif

My favorite, so far, is Meguiar's Natural Shine. Before doing any kind of research, I used to use Armor All religiously, and noticed a good amount of film on the windshield, especially near where the dash meets the windshield. I have noticed the same with Meguiar's, but not nearly as bad.

I have no idea whether Meguiar's offers more or less UV protection than its competitors, but it leaves a great finish and smells nice. I apply it every six or so months and so far so good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Originally Posted By: kkreit01
My new favorite is Surf City Dash Away. It's and excellent cleaner and protectant. It leaves 0 shine. Your dash will look totally natural. It smells nice, and can be bought at a lot of Wal Marts (or AAPs, etc.).

I agree great stuff. Plus it can be used on so many other things: steering wheel, shift knob, interior door panels, leather, rubber door seals, cup holders, console etc. On the bottle it says it can be used on fabric stains also. $10 a bottle and no shipping charges when I pick it up locally.

I'm using 303 on my S2000 vinyl top for several years, just check the price at Ace Hardware it's $16.xx for a small 12 oz bottle.

Will try Surf City Dash Away when I finish the remaining 303, the price of Surf City is very reasonable at $10 for 24 oz bottle, 1/3 the price of 303.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I don't use anything and I've never noticed a difference.

How would you if you never tried something? Of course the dash remains the same if you never add some kind of dressing to it.....lol

I use Meguairs quick interior detailer, followed up by the supreme shine protectant. It give a great shine, but its not greasy and it will last a good month.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
You guys using 303, do you wipe it on and leave a wet film behind? Or do you wipe it on and then wipe it dry to the touch? I have been leaving the wet film on for extra protection but I wonder if it gives extra, longer lasting protection that way?

For me, using a microfiber wax pad has always been the best way to apply 303. I just spray it on the pad when necessary. I'm not a big fan of spraying the 303 directly on the dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back