2003 New Holland, 170hrs on NH15w40, 880hrs on Eng

Status
Not open for further replies.
03_NewHolland.jpg

Not knowing TBN is a bit of a gamble, but I'd say you could go longer, as TBN has become a bit moot with the widespread use of ULSD (even in off road equipment).

Originally Posted By: addyguy
What's 'New Holland'?

They an oil or engine company?
New Holland is a tractor & farm implement manufacturer. Not sure if they build engines or not.

New Holland bought out Case IH a few years back and now call themselves Case New Holland. They use CNH engines but I don't know if they make it themselves or it is simply a rebadge. They also sell there own brand name New Holland oil but I also do not know if they manufacture it or just rebadge something else. They also seem to use a lot of Iveco engines in their tractors.

New Holland is a very old farm equipment company. For many years, they were hooked up with Ford. Then Ford sold their interests. Then NH stood on it's own for some time. Now they are cojoined with Case/IH. If you compare/contrast many of the NH and Case/IH/Farmall offerings, you'll see direct cross-brand market offerings where they duplicate many models with either blue or red paint.

Like most large corporations that swallow others, the brand/type mix of equipment is dependent upon many things. In some of their offerings, the Case/NH engines come from Aisan sources, while in others, they are European and/or domestic. John Deere does the same, as do many other companies. They all will blend as to best fit their fiscal needs.

In a similar manner, I had a 1998 Ford Explorer that had a German 4.0L engine, a tranny made in France, the t-case was from Spain, and differentials were made in the US. Most of this info was directly stated right on the window sticker as required by law. I traded that for a 2000 Nissan Frontier that was made in TN, and actually had more US content than the Ford. My point is that you cannot look at a nameplate and generalize about the content.

I cannot speak to the origin of this specific engine from this UOA. But generally the engines in CNH equipment are sourced from separate engine manufacturers worldwide, and not made "in house".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back