Changed to Royal Purple from Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought my 05 Nissan 350z with 20k miles on it i been using Mobil 1 and i liked it,cleaned my engine out and i feel like its spotless(guy used Valvoline convention)50k on it now no problems tried royal purple and the engine sounds louder and not as smooth as with Mobil ill be switching back to Mobil next oil change,only reason i tried it because so many people say it makes their engine smoother and gain in hp.. what do u guys think how often should i change it is 5k overkill or normal..oh and by the way i got Jwt pop charger intake installed.

Originally Posted By: mirnes
what do u guys think how often should i change it is 5k overkill or normal..oh and by the way i got Jwt pop charger intake installed.

5,000 miles is probably too often on synthetic, but that certainly depends upon your driving habits, the engine's overall health, and what the manual recommends (at least for non-severe service). It's certainly better than changing synthetic every 3,000 miles, or Nissan's beloved 3750.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
what do u guys think how often should i change it is 5k overkill or normal..oh and by the way i got Jwt pop charger intake installed.

5,000 miles is probably too often on synthetic, but that certainly depends upon your driving habits, the engine's overall health, and what the manual recommends (at least for non-severe service). It's certainly better than changing synthetic every 3,000 miles, or Nissan's beloved 3750.
wink.gif

Aren't the VQ engines known for being hard on oil? That may be reason to change around 5k miles, especially is the car is driven in a spirited manner (don't know if it is). Does your car burn any oil between oil changes? Top-up oil can slightly lengthen your OCI too sometimes.

Bought my 05 Nissan 350z with 20k miles on it i been using Mobil 1 and i liked it,cleaned my engine out and i feel like its spotless

Why do you think an engine with 20K miles on it would need to be "cleaned out"?
21.gif

Switch back to Valvoline conventional then.. Lots of Nissan guys use and like it. I used to always used it in my VQ35. That and GC 0w30 for winter.

Which RP oil - they make a few different blends. 5w-30 street oil? The API cert stuff or racing formula? I am no fabn of mg based detregent dispersant in PCMO. nevr ran one I liked in my hopped up suzuki sx Including Castrol ACEA A3 0w-30 and RP 5w-30.

I use Mobil 1 exclusively myself, but was curious about switching to Royal Purple next oil change. The RP oil filter is supposed to be one of the best on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back