80,000 Triple Tred Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Honda has only had 2 sets of tires. Here are the Triple Treds at 80k.

Tire2.jpg

Tire.jpg

Considering how I drive, where I drive, and how many snow storms we've had, I'm impressed.

I'd never choose a long-life tire over one that has the best stopping and general traction capabilities. Just saying.

Mine are not holding up well. I have some 215/55/17 on my 05 Altima. At 12,000 miles on my second rotation all 4 only had 5/32 tread left.

I finally got around to dumping my TripleTreds. They did wear very slowly, although not that slowly, but they rode like bricks. When I bought them, it took seven to find four round ones. A couple of years after that I began noticing the harsh ride, and they got harsher. Glad to see them go even though they still had safe tread depth.

I don't feel the same way you did about the TripleTreds.

They took my '07 Nissan Altima 2.5S Manual from being barely drivable in the snow to being quite a fantastic snow car. Huge difference between them and the OEM Continental ContiProContact hunks of refuse that came stock on the car.

I would install those tires on every vehicle I own in a heartbeat if they came in all the various sizes I would need.

BC.

Just gotta say that I've got a set of TripleTreds on my Sienna, and I think that they're the best all-around set of tires I've ever had on this or any other car. Good traction in rain & snow (for a non-winter tire), stable @ highway speeds, decent-wearing, fairly quiet, ride good if not exactly plush.

I has Nokians (WRs?) on this vehicle before, and the Goodyears are much quieter and longer wearing, while having almost-as-good snow traction.

Originally Posted By: buster
The Honda has only had 2 sets of tires. Here are the Triple Treds at 80k.

I currently have the Assurance TripleTred All-Season on the front of my wife's Camry and the rear of my Hyundai.

The other axles have Michelin HydroEdge.

On my wife's car the Hydroedge were very noisy, but the TripleTred are quite acceptable.

Both brands are wearing like iron and both have exceptional traction in the wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back