Fuel tank and system water remover additive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Javi,
Only use the alcohol in the tank occasionally, because the alcohol will attract moisture from the atmosphere too.
If you can, run the whole tank down near empty while it has the alcohol in it, and then keep it as full as possible between alcohol treatments.

Originally Posted By: j_mac
Javi,
Only use the alcohol in the tank occasionally, because the alcohol will attract moisture from the atmosphere too.

Only if the fuel system itself is open to the atmosphere. In that case, you'll have problems with moisture in the fuel regardless if any fuel dryer is present.

So I will also like to post about the aproximate fuel economy so far... With 5.3 gallons or down to half a tank, I have been able to make in city rides only, 192 miles, which is quite a lot, because I had never seen this car make more than 150 miles with 5.3 gallons or down to half a tank. That would bring me to an impressive of aprox 36.22 miles per gallon, for city ride, traffic jam, stop and go rides, with the ac on 40 % of the time !!!

Last edited:
correction for red line fuel system water remover and anti freeze..i said it is oil based. not so it is an emoulent..it does feel like oil.. also there is no alcohol in the si-1 and water remover...

Don't worry if its a sealed system or not, just use the alcohol dryer occasionally. If you always use alcohol, then the fuel will always be a "humidity magnet." Just use a little alcohol occasionally, run the tank with alcohol near empty, and then refill and KEEP the tank as full as is practical.

Your mileage is VERY impressive!

Thanks a lot j_mac !! I will do that, I will use the IPA every 3 or 4 tanks. I will run the current (15 fl oz of IPA) tank to near empty and then fill up normally and add the regular mantanaince dose of 2 fl oz of Red Line SI-1 Fuel System cleaner and then refill at half a tank.

***MPG Updtae***

So I close up with the 10.57 gallon tank, before the 2.64 reserve, and did 312.5 miles on it, for a total mpg of the whole tank (without counting the reserve) of 29.56 mpg. I will definetely keep the tank, from now on, always above half a tank, since by doing this I prevent moisture from acumulating in the tank and also I noticed that when the tank id above half, is when it makes the best mpg. I will keep on using the regular mantanaince dose of Red Line SI-1 of 2 fl oz per tank and will use the 15.20 fl oz of IPA per tank ocasionally.
Thanks to everyone that contributed with their opinions on this thread !!!

Last edited:
So just out of curiosity, how could you tell anyway, if you have a rusted or corroded, bottom of the gas tank or other part of it and also if you have rusted or corroded fuel lines or any other part of the fuel system ???

I have been using Hammerdown diesel fuel treatment and have found it to be really good.
Very good when water are present in the diesel.
A lot of boats are using it.
Has been around since 1977.
It can be found at www.lvpetro.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back