PP -- 5w-20 -- 18,022 on oil -- 5.7L HEMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm.... lead went up. According to Blackstone, I hit my limit with PP.

uoas.jpg

IMO the higher lead points to depletion. I would cut it back to 15k tops. Still, very impressive for 18k!

PP is not a long run oil. Try EP or Amsoil. 18k is too far,got into your bearings.

HOLY!!! That is awesome! yeah 15k would probably be ideal but look at the pp UOA's that came in yesterday. This seals it for me, best off the shelf oil for the price there is. I like a lot of oils BTW, I am not brand loyal but this is enough. I am switching to PP/PU after my stash gets lower.

Oh yeah...4ppm lead in a Hemi after 18+k, I would hardly call that a problem.

Last edited:
For 18k, those results are amazing.

I don't see what the fuss is - your lead went from 1 to 4, barely even a blip - that's within the margni of error on a test.

With a TBN of 3, you have enough reserve to go to an even 20k easily.

I'm with the crowd of 'you got your money out of it', and change it at 15,000 mile interval WITH the headroom or capacity to go up to 20,000 if you had to.

Did anyone notice how INSANELY good his air filtration appears?
banana2.gif

PS: Definitely looks like PP is a winner. I may be going over to it for some intervals myself.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: 2006_Charger_R/T
Thanks for the replies.

BTW... I use Wix air and oil filters. They are inexpensive, work well, and are made in the good ol' USA.

Was the whole run on one filter?

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
I'm with the crowd of 'you got your money out of it', and change it at 15,000 mile interval WITH the headroom or capacity to go up to 20,000 if you had to.

Did anyone notice how INSANELY good his air filtration appears?
banana2.gif

PS: Definitely looks like PP is a winner. I may be going over to it for some intervals myself.
thumbsup2.gif

Did now that you mentioned it. Very good number considering, as someone said, the averages are probably less than half the mileage.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
PP is not a long run oil.

as clearly witnessed by these UOA's....

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Try EP or Amsoil. 18k is too far,got into your bearings.

him PPM per mile is still under the universal averages? I'm not sure what 'got to his bearing'?

The oil is thickening up though, so I agree with you that it's done--but the oil appears to be clearly suitable for 15K with some headroom in this application.

Thanks for the replies.

BTW... I use Wix air and oil filters. They are inexpensive, work well, and are made in the good ol' USA.

I'm probably getting a Wix(or Napa Gold clone) when I try some intervals away from the use of a K&N. I have a feeling my Silicon levels aren't where I want them to be, especially for extended intervals.

You're app here has inspirational numbers, IMO. Of course, the ability to rack up miles so fast helps get the usable life out of the oil more efficiently.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Eddie
While the report looks good for 18K miles, I would cut back to 15K myself.

Again, I agree and change my stance as from prior, since I didn't see the top-up of oil before.

The addition of 2 quarts between changes definitely helps make the TBN 'appear' better off. Keep it at 15,000 max on PP in this app, current driving habits, etc.

If no top up was possible during this interval, I wonder if TBN would have still been above 1.0?

PS: 72,000 miles in 2 full years?!
19.gif

Originally Posted By: cp3
Thanks for the replies.

Was the whole run on one filter?

Yes, a Wix oil filter for 1 interval or was the oil filter changed mid-way?

Last edited:
Ok... here are my answers to the filter questions.

I replace my air filter every 15K. I know this might be excessive, but I like clean filter.
smile.gif

The entire 18K on this oil interval is on one Wix oil filter.

I've been using Wix oil and air filters for over 6 years now. Solid product. Sorry... I sound like an advertisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back