Valvoline MaxLife NextGen 5w-30 SN/GF-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a relief, to see MaxLife containing some Sodium in those amounts. I ran 'regular' Max Life for 3 OCIs prior to a run of M1 AFE and Amsoil SSO, Sodium still read relatively high, but I can see how it could be remaining over from previous use of MaxLife.

Originally Posted By: smithph
The MaxLife NextGen label of this sample does not have the words resource conserving on the api SN logo. But the regular NextGen product does.

As far as I know, every High Mileage oil is not rated as energy conserving. Of course to me that means they are better for your engine....

Every Valvoline HM oil, anyway. There are a few HM oils with this rating. Mobil1 HM and another I can't recall right now.

I just rolled over 5K on this oil. I pulled a sample and will be sending it off for UOA tomorrow. I plan on leaving the rest in the sump until 7K unless the UOA results dictate otherwise.

I just did our '04 Jeep Libby 3.7 and '03 Passat V6. Oil looks good from the readout.

Libby just flipped 75K and the Passat is at 175K. Hoping the HM add-pack will help with the "normal" V6 oil usage...about a quart per 2000miles.

AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back