Tire-buyer.com experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
You ain't savin':If you ain't Proratin'. My last proration credit was $288.

It's harder to get the pro rating on tires here where I live due to needing good tires as winter aproaches. It's tough and very unsafe trying to get tires down to the 2/32nd's for the prorating WARRANTY when there is deep snow and ice. I always seem to be at 3/32nd's and in need of tires "NOW"!

Often in the past, when I "have tried" to take advantage of the prorating under the tire mfg warranty, it never happened in the better weather such as Spring, Summer, Autumn, when I could have actually pushed the tire a bit further so that I can get the tires to that 2/32nd's under the mfg pro rating warranty. And too, I was always near but, not at 2/32nd's. And we were slipping all over the icey roads and couldn't go through the deep(er) snow.

Most all season tires work well for us when new all the way to about 4-5/32nds and then depending on the amount of snow we're getting is how the tire performs. Some winters we're OK and others we're not. I may push comfortably, a tires with 5/32nds at the start of winter and replace them before the next winter, taking them through the spring, summer, fall.

For as many sets of 4 tires that I bought from this one particular tire store in my area, they never gave in even for a good customer like me. There was always an excuse! Always wanting me to get an allignment(when my allignment was fine). The tires just wore out too soon. The tires wore evenly, just fast. They could see that!

For example, I had 60,000 mile wearout warranty and the tire wore down to 3/32nds at 25,000 miles and the weather was wicked bad. I needed tire "NOW"! They wouldn't prorate my tires.

This is just one exammple of the "pro rating" issues that I have had in the past from local tire stores. There are only a couple of other issues that I can tell ya about other tire stores and their pro rating policies but, you get the picture.

I spent alot of money on tires with these tire stores and sent lot's of people there too! Only to be denied when I needed some help. I wasn't trying to pull one over on these guys, I just needed tires! There were times where I would have taken any tire and any pro rated moneys to put toward tires just to keep my family safe.

Now, I don't deal whith these types of stores and their people any longer. They'll get nothing from me. "NEVER AGAIN, NO MORE, I'M DONE"!

What I have done here is...dug up some past history of my experiences buying tires localy which has led me to why I do what I do today. Why I buy tires online? The savings and the lack of "you know what" makes me a happier man! The savings alone makes it all worth the while IMHO! All because of what I dealt with in the past. I'm not going to try to find out today if the local tire stores will pro rate my next set of tires if they wear out too soon(under the warranty period). They don't get that chance anymore!

Last edited:
Too,bad. Discount tire stores always prorate my tires. We don't have too much snow and ice down here so optimum performance is not neccessary for me.

Has anyone dealt with tires-easy.com? They seem to have good prices and low shipping costs. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back