AHRA Records for stock classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

With my Dad in the hospital fighting leukemia, I have spent many many hours in the hospital room talking with him and listening to his stories. In the 60's he was heavy in the AHRA in the stock classes racing his 57 "fuelie" Bel Air and his other car was driven by my uncle, a 65 or 66 Chevy II/Nova. Apparently both cars once held national records for either E.T.A. or MPH. I have seen the certificate of my uncles in Texas at his adopted sons house. I would like to see if there is any records or way I can find AHRA records for my father. Any ideas who I can contact? Might be nice to give it to him when he gets out of the hospital.

Best wishes to your Dad. Have you simply done a Google search for things such as "AHRA" or "AHRA National Records"? Hope that's a good starting point for you.

Contact the AHRA headquarter offices and ask to speak to the archivist(s) there.

If you explain the situation, I'm SURE that they will help in ANY way possible (if they have a heart at all).

Originally Posted By: Hemi426
Best wishes to your Dad. Have you simply done a Google search for things such as "AHRA" or "AHRA National Records"? Hope that's a good starting point for you.

Been there and done that. Nothing solid and no one seems to know where the records are since the AHRA went under in the 80s and no one seems to know where the records ended up. The current AHRA will most likely be of no help since the records were held in the early to mid 60's and the paper records are not archived from what I have been told. I may have to find them published in a magazine somewhere, but a copy of the certificate would be the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back