Cervelo S3

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
So, my sister and my dad's bikes were stolen a little over a month ago. Right out of their garage. Dad lost a GIANT Iguana and a Cannondale road bike who's model escapes me at this time. My sister lost a Specialized Rockhopper.

Both were pretty upset and this experience reminds me why I have mine in the house at all times.

Anyway, dad just picked up a 2008 Cervelo S3. His first carbon bike. Has all SRAM components on it, and he's quite enamoured with it at the moment
grin.gif

He is holding off on replacing the mountain bike with dreams that he'll somehow get his back, or he'll be able to find another that is the same. Apparently, he was quite fond of it.

Anybody have any experience with these bikes? Company is based out of Toronto.

The Cervelo S-Series can also be used as tri/TT bikes with a optional 73/76 degree seatpost and clip-on aero bars.

I'm looking at that, an Ibis Silk SL or a Trek Madone 5 Series when the time for a carbon fiber steed rolls along.

Originally Posted By: nthach
The Cervelo S-Series can also be used as tri/TT bikes with a optional 73/76 degree seatpost and clip-on aero bars.

I'm looking at that, an Ibis Silk SL or a Trek Madone 5 Series when the time for a carbon fiber steed rolls along.

Well, dad likes it? LOL! He spends more on bike gear than I spend on car parts. He's nuts.

I understand, the replacement value of my two customs is more than the replacement cost of my car, most likely.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
I understand, the replacement value of my two customs is more than the replacement cost of my car, most likely.

You understand my dad! That's scary bud
wink.gif

That's the model I would get (equipped with the latest, top SRAM or Campy gruppo) if/when I buy a Cervelo.
thumbsup2.gif
(I'm envious!)

Good luck to him with that killer ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back