QSGB vs QSUD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I’m newbie in here but have been lurking and reading lots of old postings.

In my local Wal-Mart, they have QSGB for $12.50 and QSUD for $21. I know that QS made great oil and is part of SOPUS. QSUD costing 2/3 more than QSAD, but I have yet to see UD UOA that are easily racked up 2/3 more miles than AD based on TBN depletion. UOA of AD I found easily 5-6k miles and recommended for 7k or 7.5k miles and the UD UOA I found mostly have about the same mileage on them. Is the UD not as good as other synthetic?
confused.gif
Granted that lots of other factors come into play, ie city driving vs hwy. if anyone can help me find UD UOAs with more miles, that will be greatly appreciated.
happy2.gif

As comparison, I found lots of PYB UOA in the range of 5k to 7.5k with PP in the range of 9k to 14k miles, which makes PP a good buy.
01.gif

If UD can only get about the same mileage as AD, then I’ll be just buying the wow factor that I’m putting in synthetic and cost me more.
crazy2.gif

Please enlighten me.
12.gif

It's all about your driving type.You nailed it when you said HWY vs CITY.A high TBN will only get you so far and if you're stuck in traffic for most of the commute...Ya, your tossing money down the drain because of fuel dilution and other factors.Stop and go, not getting oil up to temp,etc.

If you want to go 4-6k get QSGB and if you want to go 6-8 QSUD should get you there with minimal difficulty barring fuel dilution and coolant leaks. I know this is a real blanket statement and many variables but you could follow this as a guide without much thought no matter what your driving style is.

Thanks for the reply guys.

It really amazes me that of so many people using UD and drive in hwy, yet few run UOA and post it on the web.
shocked.gif

I was hoping that I probably missed them during my search and someone in BITOG can point me there. I’d just like to see and compare to the more expensive synthetic.
07.gif

Hopefully, someone else can point them for me or just happen to plan of doing it and post here.
36.gif

QSUD (like PP and M1) is a dexos1 approved oil so it has to be able to do the extended OCIs that the GM OLM permits under ideal conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back