I hate to say it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started using MMO and it works for me. I use it in my 02 Acura MDX i put 8oz every fill up with chevron supreme. At first it felt like it wasn't doing anything. By the 2nd and 3rd fill of MMO I felt a difference, seem like the MDX revs quicker to 45 MPH, which mean a less heavy foot on the pedal. I have also seen a .5 MPG gain no joke! But MMO does not work instantly I believe it need to be a max of 3 fill ups to see effects.
Its works for me, I suggest to give MMO sometime before judging, true believer now, also for the price hard to beat!! Just wanted to give my own personal review on it. However I know hatters are gonna hate, and lovers are gonna love. But suggest its tried before judging.

LOL! nice!, Im so sold on the stuff i've missed filling up so i go go back home/to the store to get some more.. Ive used it for tens of thousands of miles, NEVER missing a dose.. and had nothing but good to say about it....

I know its a skeptical additive. However I do not like motor oil additive so I never plan on putting it in the oil! But as a gas additive its amazing! Only if MMO would do some scientific testing to prove its effectiveness. But if they do the price might go up!!! Dont want that to happen hah

I totally agree with you Ted. I have had great success with MMO so there is no skepticism from me. It is truly one of the very few along with RedLine SI-1 gas/engine additives that work.

Biotech LubeGard for the sump is the ONLY other additive I will use

Last edited:
I tried it for a while and couldn't discern a difference. I'm currently trying SI-1, but haven't noticed any difference with it either. It's harder to tell with my current car since gas mileage changes every time I change maps or decide I do or don't want to boost stay in boost often.

I'm not sure how you're able to discern 0.5 mpg, though. That has to be within the +/- of simply fuelling up at different pumps, let alone changes in tank-to-tank driving habits.

-Hata fo life

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
I tried it for a while and couldn't discern a difference. I'm currently trying SI-1, but haven't noticed any difference with it either. It's harder to tell with my current car since gas mileage changes every time I change maps or decide I do or don't want to boost stay in boost often.

I'm not sure how you're able to discern 0.5 mpg, though. That has to be within the +/- of simply fuelling up at different pumps, let alone changes in tank-to-tank driving habits.

-Hata fo life

Well SI-1 is a fuel system cleaner so there is a good chance its doing nothing because there is nothing to do. I can't speak for MMO, but I have used SI-1 and I've had it restore some power on old tired engines before.

I agree expecially on a 08 STI. If your using quality gas and is on a newer car no need for fuel system cleaner (unless for extra insurance), but for older cars it may help. Also some cars will take it differently than others.

Hey Tex:

Don't be too surprised when that [censored] gunks up your fuel system or related components down the road.

whistle.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Originally Posted By: gathermewool

-Hata fo life

Well SI-1 is a fuel system cleaner so there is a good chance its doing nothing because there is nothing to do. I can't speak for MMO, but I have used SI-1 and I've had it restore some power on old tired engines before.

From what I've read, it's only half cleaner, with 30-50% PEA, and has some UCL properties. I'm currently using it at 5 oz./fillup, but may lower it down to 3oz. fillup soon.

You're right, though, and my main reason for running the maintenance dose is to keep things clean, though it is most likely not necessary while running nothing but Mobil and Shell fuels.

Originally Posted By: TedSexington
I agree expecially on a 08 STI. If your using quality gas and is on a newer car no need for fuel system cleaner (unless for extra insurance), but for older cars it may help. Also some cars will take it differently than others.

I forgot to mention in my last post that I ran a couple of bottles of MMO (can't recall whether they were pints or quart bottles) through my old '97 Subaru Legacy with around 175k miles and tracked mileage and performance with my scangauge, as well as hand calcs. I actually started using it in hopes of quieting a noisy fuel pump. I did not notice any change in consumption nor performance, and replacing the fuel pump cured the noise.

Just my experience. I'm obviously willing to try "tried-and-true" additives (in my gas tank,) but that doesn't mean I believe they do anything more than produce a tickle on the butt dyno.

I know MMO has been out since the 1923, thats a long time. Im pretty sure if it did harm people would steer clear of it. But I personally have never heard of it ever harming anything. Its either it works or it doesn't. Only thing negative I heard of MMO doing is making your wallet light with no effects. Hit or miss but never an ill effect with it. If I am wrong inform me.

MMO is cheap and it works wonders in my I-6 Jeep. The wife's Chevy does not seem to care for it though.

I have also seen a .5 MPG gain no joke! But MMO does not work

I can make that much of a difference simply by modifying my driving habits a little, and I don't have to buy MMO to do it!

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Even if there is no butt dyno increase, the extra lube of the fuel pump and top end is worth it. Same for any cleaning.

I agree, i just want it as a lubricant.
using different 2-stroke oils in 2 strokes has so much effect on top end wear that i figured a little lube in my jeep can't hurt.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

I can make that much of a difference simply by modifying my driving habits a little, and I don't have to buy MMO to do it!

Like I said haters gonna hate, however in my application it works. All cars will take it differently.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Like I said haters gonna hate, however in my application it works. All cars will take it differently.

Hate or not, he's also right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back