What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the car to JL today. Saw this a few hours later around the drain bolt.

2011-09-04_12-04-03_948.jpg

2011-09-04_12-04-03_948.jpg

its a tamper seal thing. We used them at Sears. When you loosen the plug that breaks and shows the drain plug has been tampered with. Its a cover your butt kinda thing for the shop. Keeps people from draining their oil and coming back with a blown motor and an empty crankcase demanding a new motor.

People always think its a gasket type seal, but its just to show if it has been tampered with. I always used it and a couple people tried to pull the "sears destroyed my engine" bit but as soon as they saw the broken seal they were given the option of leaving or having the police come.

never saw that before.. but it looked like rippy lube put silicone around the gasket to keep it from leaking.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2

Why would Buster have Jiffy lube do his service?

For some people changing their own oil is difficult, or it could be that he just doesn't have the place to do it.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

For some people changing their own oil is difficult, or it could be that he just doesn't have the place to do it.

Thank you for pointing out something that is normal for a lot of people.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Exactly. I was going to do it, but just didn't have the time. Brought them the oil/filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back