Wix or Motorcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been using Napa Gold (Wix) filters,which I can buy for about three dollars each when I can catch a sell. I buy them a case at a time. At the dealership where I work, I can buy motorcraft filters for about three dollars. At that price, I dont have to wait for a sale and I dont have to stock up. Can do an oil change with bulk MC oil and filter for under fifteen dollars. How do the Motorcraft filters compare to the Wix?

Originally Posted By: otis24
Can do an oil change with bulk MC oil and filter for under fifteen dollars. How do the Motorcraft filters compare to the Wix?

I've used Wix and Motorcraft almost exclusively for years, including in fleet usage, with no problems whatsoever. Some prefer that virtually the entire Wix range uses silicone ADBVs, while some Motorcrafts still use nitrile. I don't care much either way.

Go with whatever's more convenient for you. Both are outstanding filters.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
If you had Ford's....I'd go with MC's

With your vehicles....go with Wix...

Why? What exactly makes a Motorcraft filter a better choice for a Ford over a Wix? Similarly, what makes a Wix a better choice for a non-Ford than a Motorcraft.

Originally Posted By: barlowc

Why? What exactly makes a Motorcraft filter a better choice for a Ford over a Wix? Similarly, what makes a Wix a better choice for a non-Ford than a Motorcraft.

MC's are made to Ford specifications.....

Originally Posted By: barlowc

MC's are made to Ford specifications.....

+1 Also, it's harder to find a motorcraft filter for something that ford never/hardly ever made.

As much as I like Motorcraft and Fords, It would be weird to open the hood of my wifes Malibu and see a Motorcraft filter, Go with the Wix.

Originally Posted By: bradepb
As much as I like Motorcraft and Fords, It would be weird to open the hood of my wifes Malibu and see a Motorcraft filter, Go with the Wix.

I've got a Motorcraft waiting for my Infiniti. Years and years ago, when Walmart first opened here and sold quality AC Delcos at incredibly low prices, they used to find their way onto my old LTD all the time. Weird, maybe, but I couldn't beat the price - $3 for a quality, name brand AC filter with an ADBV for an application that definitely benefited from it.

Wix
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: johnsmellsalot
After doing extensive research, I think Wix is the best. That's my opinion.

Johnsmellsalot,

Tell us about your 'extensive research'.....I'm sure we'll all gain an enormous education from what you tell us....and why you think 'WIX is the best'.

Originally Posted By: johnsmellsalot
After doing extensive research, I think Wix is the best. That's my opinion.

Johnsmellsalot,

Tell us about your 'extensive research'.....I'm sure we'll all gain an enormous education from what you tell us....and why you think 'WIX is the best'.

Yep. I'd also like to hear about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back