ZINC----------992
BARIUM----------1
TBN: 3.2
SUS Vis: 73.6
Flashpoint: 365*F
Fuel: 2.8%
Antifreeze/Water: 0
Insolubles: 0.4

I changed the oil because I think I was getting lower gas mileage with this oil. I am also towing a lot more.
Fuel is pretty high. I'm thinking it was a lab error. My basic driving style hasn't changed from the last test.
The filter was a Fram X2 like I've been using for awhile now. I also still am using a K&N air filter about 10K miles on that filter and silicon still hasn't risen.

Third test
second test
First test

Good, low wear numbers. You seem to average 1 ppm Fe per 1 k miles. Slightly more with thin 5W30 and slightly less with your thicker mobil 1 blend.
For towing, HDEO like rotella 5W40, with HTHS at least 4, should be better in theory than Mobil 1 with its low HTHS. However, your numbers show little difference. As for fuel in oil. Did you idle a lot before sampling?
How much worse MPG was with 5W40?

Every time I've taken the sample the same exact way. I drive approximately 63 miles, turn the car off, wipe drain plug area with towel, drain approximately 1/2 of oil through plug, and fill plastic sample bottle. All in a couple of minutes after shutdown.
All tests have been done by blackstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back