Eneos CVT Fluid for Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that some have posted their use of Eneos CVT. I used the recommended ns2 fluid for the 30k change, and now I'm closing in on 60K and wanted to do a complete flush. Anyone have any insight to this fluid?

I'm looking for something that won't "hesitate" when slowing and "jump" when rpm's hit 1.5, which seems to be the MO of the stock fluid. I'm thinking of Eneos or Redline... Probably Eneos since it is much cheaper. Any insights would be helpful from Nissan owners. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: MaximusD
I'm looking for something that won't "hesitate" when slowing and "jump" when rpm's hit 1.5, which seems to be the MO of the stock fluid. I'm thinking of Eneos or Redline... Probably Eneos since it is much cheaper. Any insights would be helpful from Nissan owners. Thanks!

I could be mistaken, but I thought that Eneos supplied transmission fluids for Nissan. At least that's what I saw when I took a look at an MDS.

Nissan CVT's are very influenced by fluid level. The fluid is supposed to be checked at a certain temerpature which is meassured in units using the Consult scan tool, and to be set exactly at the correct position. CVT fluid has some insane rate of expansion when it gets hot. Something like 30% expansion. (I can't remember the exact number off hand, but I've never heard of anything so high)

We used to use the Valvoline CVT fluid, but have been using the Eneos for about a year because it is lesss expensive. Customer freak out when they hear how much Nissan CVT fluid is. Anyway, they all meet NSII specs, and I've never had a complaint or issue with any of the three fluids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back