"Leather Only"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently tried this stuff called Leather Only,and it`s amazing!!!!!!! I apply it to *cleaned* leather with a damp sponge and rub it in really well. Seats stay moist and conditioned,doesn`t rub off the second I sit on my seats,doesn`t streak or turn white,no stickiness,and doesn`t dry the leather out like some products do. Makes the leather really soft. Also has a great "fresh leathery" smell.

I`d never heard of it before until I saw it at the Toyota dealer here awhile back. Hands down the best leather conditioner I`ve ever used.
http://leatheronlyproducts.com/

Since many (or perhaps most) leather interiors of new cars use a vinyl coated leather product that only requires occasional cleaning, I'm usually left wondering what vendors and car owners are referring to when they mention leather 'conditioning'. In all of the vehicles that I've owned in past years, so-called conditioners don't penetrate the vinyl coatings applied to the leathers. In addition, the owner's manuals only recommend occasional cleaning...no mention of conditioning.

What am I missing here?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I recently tried this stuff called Leather Only,and it`s amazing!!!!!!! I apply it to *cleaned* leather with a damp sponge and rub it in really well. Seats stay moist and conditioned,doesn`t rub off the second I sit on my seats,doesn`t streak or turn white,no stickiness,and doesn`t dry the leather out like some products do. Makes the leather really soft. Also has a great "fresh leathery" smell.

I`d never heard of it before until I saw it at the Toyota dealer here awhile back. Hands down the best leather conditioner I`ve ever used.
http://leatheronlyproducts.com/

Awesome was looking for a cleaner and conditioner looks like this will work perfectly!

Originally Posted By: Hallmark
Since many (or perhaps most) leather interiors of new cars use a vinyl coated leather product that only requires occasional cleaning, I'm usually left wondering what vendors and car owners are referring to when they mention leather 'conditioning'. In all of the vehicles that I've owned in past years, so-called conditioners don't penetrate the vinyl coatings applied to the leathers. In addition, the owner's manuals only recommend occasional cleaning...no mention of conditioning.

What am I missing here?

Absolutely nothing...

Proper Finished Leather Cleaning and Care - http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/136421-proper-finished-leather-cleaning-care.html

What am I missing here?

To answer your question,here`s a few pics of my 15 year old leather in my daily driver. I`ll never understand car owners who have leather interior that don`t properly maintain it. There`s nothing worse that shopping for a used car,finding one with low mileage,MINT exterior,then when you open the door you find cracked/scuffed/faded/ripped/dried our leather seats (mostly the driver`s seat):
2lsfeva.jpg

2hp4lud.jpg

24exenm.jpg

What am I missing here?

To answer your question,here`s a few pics of my 15 year old leather in my daily driver. I`ll never understand car owners who have leather interior that don`t properly maintain it. There`s nothing worse that shopping for a used car,finding one with low mileage,MINT exterior,then when you open the door you find cracked/scuffed/faded/ripped/dried our leather seats (mostly the driver`s seat):
2lsfeva.jpg

2hp4lud.jpg

24exenm.jpg

What did you use on your leather all these years? It looks great!

Originally Posted By: Chris B.

I used Armor All Leather Care Protectant (the one in the spray bottle). I still use it,and it`s honestly the best over the counter leather conditioner imo. It doesn`t last as long as the Leather Only,but it`s definitely a tie for 1st place.

I used Armor All Leather Care Protectant (the one in the spray bottle). I still use it,and it`s honestly the best over the counter leather conditioner imo. It doesn`t last as long as the Leather Only,but it`s definitely a tie for 1st place.

Ever try or use Lexol? How about Pecards Leather care?

Yeah,I tried Lexol one time and it turned my leather white and chaulky,and made it feel dried it. I returned it and got my $ back. I`ve never heard of Pecards. Do any parts stores sell it?

Yeah,I tried Lexol one time and it turned my leather white and chaulky,and made it feel dried it. I returned it and got my $ back. I`ve never heard of Pecards. Do any parts stores sell it?

I found out about Pecards on another forum. It is supposed to be one of the very best. They make dressings for Harley Davidson saddle bags and leather used outside. I tried it on my saddle bags and it is some thick and long lasting stuff. Take a little more effort to apply but it seems to really condition the leather. Never seen it in stores under the Pecards name but you can find it under the Harley Davidson name at dealerships. I buy it off the Pecards website. They have many different kinds of leather protecters. Here is their website:

http://www.pecard.com/

How can one find out what type of "leather" one has, i.e Aniline dyed or Pigmented, Protected or Coated, Alcantara®, Synthetic or Vinyl? I suspect the service department is going to look at me with glazed eyes when I ask.

Originally Posted By: zloveraz
How can one find out what type of "leather" one has, i.e Aniline dyed or Pigmented, Protected or Coated, Alcantara®, Synthetic or Vinyl? I suspect the service department is going to look at me with glazed eyes when I ask.

Good question!

just cleaned my leather seats tonight. i have a 05 mazda 6. to my knowledge they have never been conditioned. now im not sure which type of "leather" it is but i used the lexol kit (cleaner, conditioner, neatsfoot). it was a [censored] and took a while to do but they do look good. i think i should have left the solution longer so it could soak it up more but i didnt have much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back