Oil Filter Shelf Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking on stocking up on Bosch D+ oil filters. If I do, it will take me three to four years to use them up.

So, the question is: What is the shelf life of an unused oil filter?

If they are closed and not open for garage mice and 2 inches of dust to get into them, they should last much longer than 3-4 years.

Store them in a dry place and you should have no problem. I am using P1 PL24458's which were discontinued several years ago. FWIW-Oldtommy

I agree with Bluestream, about 10 years or a little longer if stored in a cool and dry place. Put the filters in a zip-lock bag to prevent dirt/dust and moisture get into it.

Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy
Store them in a dry place and you should have no problem. I am using P1 PL24458's which were discontinued several years ago. FWIW-Oldtommy

I have about 30 of the Purolator 24458 filters that I bought before they all disappeared. As long as they are kept indoor with low humidity and in a dry place, they should last 15 years.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I agree with Bluestream, about 10 years or a little longer if stored in a cool and dry place. Put the filters in a zip-lock bag to prevent dirt/dust and moisture get into it.

I agree.

Or even better, If you have a home grade vacuum food sealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back