[Cut Open] Napa ProSelect 21356

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was on a 2010 Honda Civic 1.8 liter engine. I don't know exactly how many miles were on this filter. I think it was around 7,000 miles though. The oil is changed according to the maintenance minder. The oil was conventional 5W-20. This was the first time changing the oil on my moms car. This oil filter was installed by Goodyear. I used a dremal to cut it open. The gritty stuff is from cutting it open. The next pictures will be of a Wix oil filter. I will know the mileage by then.

O047v.jpg

FsD9y.jpg

IKjoK.jpg

b29ZX.jpg

XpwU3.jpg

IMBKQ.jpg

NoanN.jpg

SykWQ.jpg

6nBRR.jpg

TXjR0.jpg

ReZPt.jpg

3OC9H.jpg

wzeGz.jpg

9VVDW.jpg

Looks good, well made. On the plus side of this NPS, it has the standard separate metal thread end bypass and adbv, not the newer/cheaper combo valve design.

On the other hand this filter is the 7317/14610 equivalent, and the bypass takes up space that comparable dome end bypass 7317/14610 filters have and use for media.

fyi, it appears the NPS is being superseded by the new Silver line which show a combo valve design in the cut out used for advertising. Don't know if that means all the Napa Silver will now have the combo valve design or not.

Thanks for the pics.

Originally Posted By: Donald
And so how different is the NAPA Gold?
NG has a silicone adbv as opposed to nitrile for the NPS. The NG uses a more efficient media. The NG is the same as the Wix so the betas can be found on the Wix site.

Yeah I was impressed when I cut it open. This filter is made by Affinia, the same company that makes Wix. I think that's why it looks like Napa Gold.

Like I said, I didn't put this filter on. It was installed by Goodyear when my mom got her oil changed. I put a Wix filter on and will take pics of it sometime in the future.

No that's just my screen name. My real name is Matt.
Originally Posted By: steve20
Do you really smell a lot?

i use napa pro select with upfront rubber combovalve on my dad's 91 mercury and so far so good. 1 year/5k miles it is a well made filter, equal to purolator classic

Yeah it is. It was only like 2 inches from end to end.
Originally Posted By: cp3
Wow, I thought the 51040 element was pretty small but that one is tiny.

Looks like it held up just fine. Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back