Oil change interval for 3007 Lexus RX 350?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2007 Lexus RX 350 with 55K miles. Owned since new. I have been changing the oil with various synthetic 5W-30 oils (Mobil 1, Amsoil, Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra) at 5K intervals as recommended by the dealer. I don't know if this engine is prone to sludge but a flashlight in the oil filler cap show pristine surfaces. The car sees mixed driving with 60% city, 40 % highway.

Think that the oil change interval could be increased to 7.5K? Owners of this engine, or those with experience with it, please chime in.

The 3.5 isn't a sludger. M1, PP, PU can all do 7500 no problem.

I'm not sure if it affects the RX, but the Highlander and Sienna with the same engine have a problem with a rubber oil line that bursts. There would have been a recall if you were affected, to replace it with a metal line or a new design rubber line. That's more important than your OCI, if it hasn't been done.

What? No one in the BITOG humor brigade took the chance to say "no worries for another 996 years..." :)

Did have the oil line replace. Wasn't leaking. Replaced it with the new rubber line rather than the solid metal one.
mad.gif

Reason to go to 7.5K is "why waste money" if not necessary

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
What? No one in the BITOG humor brigade took the chance to say "no worries for another 996 years..." :)
lol.gif
Beat me to it.

I was just about to say "they ALREADY released the 3007 model Lexus's?!?!"
shocked.gif

grin.gif

I must be slow... Took me this long to see the error. LOL

Last edited:
Your sump is fairly large in this vehicle (6.4 qts. IIRC) and 7.5k mile interval isn't a problem with synthetic at all.

Originally Posted By: CBR.worm
That is a DI engine isn't it? They don't seem to have the issues of some of the other DI engines.

No DI on this one.

That 3.5 is a Helluva good motor,and not a sludge monster. I would just run Mobil-1 EP for 10,000 miles.And sleep very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back