Royal Purple vs Redline ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my thought, but I believe RP new HPS is their old SL line.. An oil with a lot of ZDDP. They're current API line has become very similar to M1 and Pennsoil products. Back in the day RP used to praise how their oil is SL rated for the higher ZDDP. They simply gave that oil a new name.

Originally Posted By: Ndx
I did talk with RP Tech Support and they said that 5w30 would be the best but 5w40 and 0w40 will be as good ...

So I think I would go with 5w30 any opinions on that ?

If it were me, I'd choose the RP 0w-40. It at least "meets or exceeds" some ACEA specifications. As for the HPS versions, as CATERHAM points out, I don't think we've seen a PDS on them yet, unless, of course, they're identical to the old RP API SL line, though that doesn't seem to be the case - they indicate ZDDP boosted further.

Originally Posted By: Jeff_in_VABch
Royal Purple seems to rely on hype and marketing.

I think Royal Purple relies mostly on its industrial lube sales, more than anything else. When it comes to hype and marketing with respect to oil companies, RP is merely one loud voice in a roomful of blowhards.

For whatever reason, RP has decided to take SN seriously and has gone that route.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: Ndx
Hi Guys,

I been looking for BMW approved oils ... LL-01
But I don't think that there is anything super special about LL-01

Royal Purple vs Redline ...

What you guys think about new RP SN approved oil ?

Thx

What are you running this in? What makes you think either oil will be better than GC or M1 0w40 in this application? I mean M1 0w40 has a massive resume of OEM uses and is the lube of choice for many professional racing teams.

?

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: DragRace
Anyone know how well RP performs during really cold winters?

I had no problem with the RP 0w-40 in my Audi in -40 weather.

Thanks for the info Garak
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Redline when it come to BMW, also redline is also famous gear oil and tranmission oil for BMW

There have been numerous problems with aftermarket gear lubes in BMW transmissions. The OEM stuff smells awful and has an odd consistency.

Gear oils almost always have a bad smell, that is because they contain more sulfur than other fluids in a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back