Techron in small engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the BOGO offer on Techron at Advanced Auto I went out and picked up 4 bottles and I'm in the process of running one through each of our vehicles.

I've already finished a run in our '01 Taurus. The car only has 25k mi on it but it had a slight rough idle. After the tank full of Techron treated gas the idle has smoothed out significantly. The Buick is about halfway through its tank of Techron treated gas. The engine has 25k miles on it but the injectors have about 120k on them ("new" rebuilt engine was put in at 100k mi and the injectors tested fine - save for the failed one that ruined the original motor). It has a slightly rough idle as well and the Techron seems to be slowly improving it.

Tomorrow I'm going to dump a bottle in our Golf. The Golf however only has a 14gal tank compared to the 18+ gal tanks in the Taurus and Buick. The bottles of Techron are the 20oz size that treats "up to 20 gallons" and not wanting to overtreat the fuel, I'm planning on only putting in 16oz at the most.

I'm considering putting some of the leftover Techron into my 5gal gas can I use for my lawnmower and snowblower. Anyone know if this is "safe" or have any experience seeing any kind of improvements doing something like this.

On a side note, if you guys don't think it will hurt to dump the entire 20oz bottle into the Golf, I'll just do that rather than messing with trying to measure it out so that I've only put 16oz in the tank.

It's fine. My 2-stroke mower smoothed out nicely with a Frankenblend of MMO and Techron splashed into the 2-stroke mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back