Hey, I'm on SPEED Channel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even being 100hp down it just shows how good driving know how makes up for HP. Any novice with allot of power still won't beat an avid racer or pro-am racer with skills on the track. Just how it is.

When I solo II, I have 150hp advantage over the winning Miata, but means nothing, that owner of the Miata is the west coast champ and just knows how to drive!!! haha.

Jeff

That thing looks GREAT in white with the black wheels and livery!!
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif

I also like the sedan over the hatch in the latest style STIs.

And yes, great job driving BTW.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
When I solo II, I have 150hp advantage over the winning Miata, but means nothing, that owner of the Miata is the west coast champ and just knows how to drive!!! haha.

Of course.

But on the equipment side, he also has much less weight and wheelbase to deal with than you (especially on the super tight, short straights, decreasing radius turn type courses).
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Of course.

But on the equipment side, he also has much less weight and wheelbase to deal with than you (especially on the super tight, short straights, decreasing radius turn type courses).
wink.gif

You sound like you've been on the recieving end of a miata beating too! One of the fast guys in my club has one, and while on paper my Neon and his car aren't that far apart on HP/weight, size, etc... I need R-comps to his average street tire to come anywhere near him on raw times...

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Of course.

wink.gif

You sound like you've been on the recieving end of a miata beating too! One of the fast guys in my club has one, and while on paper my Neon and his car aren't that far apart on HP/weight, size, etc... I need R-comps to his average street tire to come anywhere near him on raw times...

Yup!
When these course designers/setters set the corner radii to less than the length of your wheelbase, and the straights to a 35 mph top speed, there is not much of a chance of beating those tiny things!!
crazy2.gif
frown.gif

25,000 combined views (they reloaded the video with correct engine specs), awesome!

Note-- the in-car video are of a white Mercedes that was also there, NOT of my STI. Sigh.

We should try to get BITOG on there..... There would be lot's of Crown Vics, old saturns competing.... And then everyone would start arguing with the hosts over how x-oil is better!

Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
Okay, only on commercials...the show was dropped from the spring lineup, but will air longer episodes in the fall. Here is the mini-episode that is on now.

Enjoy...I am driving the white Subaru, wearing the blue shirt
smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI3oDpHkyGs

Good work in the twisties, now work on your 1/4 miles times a little bit.

Great job at driving & acting mature. I always love it when someone can win on skill alone but also acts like a gentleman. Too much Too Fast Too Furious influence out there on many young men nowadays, a big turn off for me. I always remember the old days where racing was fun win or lose & racers helped each other out with each others cars & gave & took advice w/o attitude. Nowadays it gets too personal & too much smack talk before & lame excuses after.

I always get a kick on a driver being the difference maker in a slower car. I've beat many a car faster than mine & I hate excuses: I had a bad launch, missed a gear, short/long shifted. That is part of racing and part of the fun. Otherwise we should just compare spec sheets & walk away. To me, I love taking on a bit faster car & seeing if I can make the difference.

Lastly, most people can't race their car for [censored]. In a 13 to 16 second car I commonly see up to a full second (occasionally more) lost by the driver alone. It's always funny to beat someone that has a full second (on paper) faster car & the following quiz they give you wondering what hidden mods u must have on.;)

You represented yourself well. Congrats! Now give BitoG a shput-out next time. :p

Originally Posted By: david_ES2
the other guy was a sore loser.

Even before he lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back