Kroil/AeroKroil

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea about the color but Kreen is green.The Kroil is amazing stuff,soak a few days in row on old Ford 5.4 exhaust manifold studs and they come right out.

Originally Posted By: gamefoo21
frown.gif
How do I get Kroil north of the border? Some places you just can't effectively get at with ATF/Acetone, and I've got some nasty seized hardware that has to come out, and it's in a bad spot for using... Hmm... 'Destructive' methods.

frown.gif

Edit: I've used PB, I've used the red can of Rust Check, I even tried Quaker State One Lube, since it was kickin about, I used a torch to heat it up, and see if I could get it to wick in the PB blaster... They are hardened steel crush tubes over bolts/studs and of course the dealer never put anything inbetween, so they rotted into place. I've already caused part of the suspension mount buckletrying to drive one of the bolts out.

I refuse to pay the extortion they want to ship on Fleabay.

Depending on where You live in Canada.... You could have it shipped to an American address & then pick it up at the American address. I have some Canadian friends of whom do it for all the time!!

For sales access in Canada, try the following (pilfered from the VW TDI forum)...

2 locations in Canada:

Century Vallen Calgary 780-468-3366
Century Vallen Edmonton 780-490-2700

Originally Posted By: nthach
A local boat yard carries Kroil and Penetro here.

I'm in ZIP 91739. Where's the local boat yard? Name/city? I have 1 can of Penetro, and it's almost gone. Got it in San Diego.

I' m a huge fan of AeroKroil, it changed my life after I unscrewed my PVC valve from my old honda. I use it for everything in the house an cars, I let it sit for a couple hour and works.

I just ordered the ned-deal.

I used it for the first time recently on a lower ball joint. a few hits with a hammer and no pickle fork required.

I had to take apart outdoor basketball hoop after 10 years. Bolts were all rusted. I sprayed Kroil on it and used my tiny little DeWalt 12V max impact wrench. I had no trouble at all taking it apart. I thought I might have to take out the big gun but the rusted 1/2 inch bolt head was no match to my baby DeWalt.

I did not even bother without Kroil. I sprayed it the day before and used the cordless impact wrench next day.

I also used Kroil on Maxima alternator adjustment bolt. I was warned by the mechanic that they always break. I had sprayed Kroil on it and the mechanic was able to save the bolt.

- Vikas

Last edited:
The parking brake equalizer frozen solid,this is a hollow tube with a nut at one end on a threaded rod.
This thing is fragile new never mind after 11 yrs of never being touched under the car.
Being right next to the tank a smoke wrench is out of the question.

I wire brushed it and spayed Kroil on it for 2 days then moved it with an open end wrench.
Unbelievable stuff! Since i started using it on bleeder screws and line fittings i haven't had one break yet,in the salt belt that's really saying something.

Originally Posted By: levi
Originally Posted By: wannafbody
Use some PB blaster around the cap.

Ok, that was funny, I don't care who you are.
grin.gif

that was very funny
grin.gif

I had seen a half dozen Kroil on the shelf just today at my local Napa. I was pleasantly surprised to see that.

I wish I could find it at my NAPA. I want to try it and see if it works that much better but it gets expensive shipped to you I believe.

Kroil, like Kreen is a great product.

Yesterday, I went to a few "Garage Sales" and picked up some nice vintage Penn Conventional Fishing reels for deep sea fishing and trolling. Most, if not all, may have been bought years ago and saw limited use since they were still in their original boxes.

On some of these reels, the reel handles would not turn, the spool would not spin and the reel seemed all gummed up with sludge that had dried out and hardened over the years.

Most of these reels were kept in homes and not stored in the garage where they would corrode. Due to non-use in quite some time, the reel gears, bearings and levers did not operate smoothly.

I took these Fishing Reels home, opened them up and completely sprayed both sides of the inner reel plates down to the gears and bearings with Kroil. I let them sit for a couple of hours and sprayed them again. Lots of sludge, grime and grit came flowing out of these reels and I could finally see brass and/or stainless steel gears and parts. I sprayed the bearing housings on both sides and the sludge flowed out from these. Now the handles turn, the spools spin like a top and the gears are shining.

Kroil, like Kreen, must dissolve all the built up sludge, old hardened lube and grime that accumulated over the years.

Now, all I need to do is pull the bearings, soak them in some Kroil and see if they need replacing, put in new metal drag washers and fiber drag washers, re-spool with mono and they should be good to go fishing.

I don't know if another product would work the same on these reels....but I reached for Kroil and I got some great results. IMO...Kroil worked like a champ.

Now, I have 8 really nice vintage Penn Conventional Reels that only need some minor parts to work like new again.

Originally Posted By: RnR

You have to love that '30's era aroma of the AeroKroil - down right heavenly, and potent!

Yeah, the smell does seem to bring back another time and place!

An experienced aircraft mech I know swears by Mouse Milk:

http://www.mousemilk.com/

Last edited:
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but has anyone tried Penephite? It's AeroKroil with graphite in it, which sounds like it could be advantageous in some situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back