Mobil Super Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You thought wrong. I am running it right now from when O'Reily's had it for $3.49 a while ago. This replaces the Clean 7500 for the most part. I don't know how good it is, but the engine hasn't come flying apart yet.

Mobil Super Synthetic is their lower-end full synthetic oil. Not that a syn from Mobil could be low-end, but they are trying to place Mobil 1 up there with Pennzoil Ultra and the like in consumer's eyes. Super Synthetic just doesn't have all the same high-zoot additives and whatnot. It's still an excellent oil.

Target to run Mobil Super Synthetic 6,000 miles / 6 months OCI and see what you think ...

Thanks for the links, Knox. The biggest difference I saw for me is that I can use the Super Syn in the Chevy (5w-30) and in my Ford (5w-20) because it meets their specs.

I cannot use it in the Caddy (5w-30) as only the M1 meets the GM 4718 spec.

Originally Posted By: Johnny248
Napa has Mobil Super Synthetic for $3.99 a quart. What's the deal with this stuff? I thought M1 was the only Mobil syn?

I saw this at my local PEP BOYS just yesterday.... Considering what people say about this synthetic it's most certainly priced right due to our trying times were all in now.

I'm getting ready for my 90K service and most likely will get this oil for it. Currently I have in my engine Kendall "Synthetic" and it's been goood to me for my last 3K miles. Due to availibility I guess I'm back to Mobil products again. No big deal for me as Mobil has been a fantastic oil for years.

Durango

Basically their group III mobil 7500 relabeled.. and tweaked? or no?

I had 50qts of m1 7500 I got for 1/qt on clearance...

Originally Posted By: Rand

That was a great price on a very, very good oil.

Wow....

Rand,

OK then it's considered a synthetic but it's not Mobil 1.... Is this a real synthetic compared to M1????

Durango

I ran M1 in my last two oil changes on my Explorer. I compared the two on Mobil's website. They both meet Ford WSS-M2C945-A and are recommended for my vehicle. Basically the Super Synthetic does everything M1 does just not as well and M1 provides a limited engine warranty guarantee. So depending on how much savings the Super would provide I may switch over to it!

Way to revive a 4-year-old zombie thread there, Tanuk...
smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back