Honda oil filter ; 2011 FIT ; FILTECH Inc.of USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Filtech is a good filter, made by Wix I believe.

Honda also has Honeywell made filters, they are Fram Xtra Guards and not so good.

The Filtech Filter is the strongest can I have ever cut open. It does not have metal end caps but a nice bypass and seems to be of good quality. There really is not a huge difference in the filtering media compared to the Fram type (At least to the naked eye). As I said strength and Bypass are the two winning components.

FWIW the Honda filters supplied by Bernardi Honda (east coast)are the Honeywell-manufactured filters (part number ends in A02). These filters can be used with confidence as they are a "high-end" Fram. Used them for several years in my three Hondas, no problem ever.

If you prefer the Filtech can (Part number A01), try H and A Honda (West Coast). They sell it.

The total cost per filter will come down to shipping costs.

Bernardi includes a crush washer for the drain bolt with each filter, BTW.
grin.gif

Last edited:
You should find the this thread has much of the information you're looking for, including pics. The Filtec A-01 is available from H&A in a 6 pack, but after you add in shipping, pricey imo. Same with Fram A-02 from Bernardi.

Nothing wrong with A-01 but with the current rebates on P1's and Bosch DP's, imo, not need to chase the A-01. 4 Bosch D+ for < $14 with rebates and AAP $20off50 code, great option to OEM.

Currently running a Bosch D+ on a 3.0L Accord. And except for early dealer OC's I've use P1's and posted pics. The P1 has worked great, for a lower price than OEM.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
The Filtech Filter is the strongest can I have ever cut open. It does not have metal end caps but a nice bypass and seems to be of good quality. There really is not a huge difference in the filtering media compared to the Fram type (At least to the naked eye). As I said strength and Bypass are the two winning components.
We have the 15400-PLM-A01 . It was a little less than $8 . Will look into the other suggestions .

Quote:
Will the A01 be able to handle 9,800+ miles for the FIT ?
Considering Honda recommends changing the oil filter every other time for any filter that meets spec, including aftermarket, shouldn't be a problem. Certainly A-01 qualifies.

Should be able handle whatever full MM% or Honda recommendation for OCI's.

Both Honda OEM filters are of very high quality and can be used with confidence. They are perfect for 10,000 miles and can probably go 20,000 given that the manual requires filter changes every other oil change (10,000 miles under normal driving). I still change with the oil.

I know many here do not agree but Fram makes good filters (even the orange can). There maybe better out there but Fram is not bad, evil, etc.

I have found that Pure-1 Gold on our CRV and V-6 Accord to be great performers. Great seal and cut a used one open and it's top drawer. Excellent flow and filtration. I would bet on par with a Honda filter.

Our manuals say to not extend oil changes even with synthetics beyond the oil minder system. That means oil changes about every 7,500.

I get them at K-mart for under $5.00ea and like Castrol Edge 5w-20. Very quiet valves. No sludge or varnish. Very happy after 50,000 miles. Previously Penzoil Platinum 5W-20.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back