MMO and O2 sensors or catalyst?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if there are any known negative effects of using MMO in the fuel? I would hate to hurt the O2 sensors since they are so expensive and/or the Catalytic converter. Opinions?

replace o2 sensor-$150-$200. Cat up to $1600 for example on 3.5L Altima.
I replaced Both 02 sensors on Camry for $150, free labor.

Last edited:
I think the Late Gary Allan did some work on this subject, with massive doses of MMO. The result, I believe, was no Ill effect

These are durable products.With Mechanical attributes,damaged? not a chance, its considered upper cyl lube as used in gas... at the best do I think you'll gain ? probably not ,will it hurt ...no. Use it as you see your budget sees fit.

Great link, thanks! Did not even think to look at their site since most manufacturers have such poor websites. Plus most of them try to avoid questions like these since most do not have an answer and are just full of false promises. I have used MMO in the past to "FIX" vehicles that otherwise prob should have been junked and it has worked some miracles. I may try to run it in mine at least once in a while to clean and loosen things up. It is is not doing any harm I do not see any reason not to try it. Thanks for the answers guys!

Last edited:
^...and really the only way it would potentially foul or harm anything in the exhaust would be from a mechanical issue of some sort, burnt exhaust valves/oil burner etc. I'm sure the motor oil plumes out the back will foul the cat as much as MMO etc.
lol.gif

I've used it for decades in the fuel. My 93 Aerostar just turned 200K miles original CC and 02 Sensor. 85 E-150 was fed MMO via an Inverse Oiler for over 155K miles IIRC then sold. It also had the original CC and 02 sensor. I have a hard time rememembering all the vehicles I used it in. I haven't had a CC fail, I've been driving since the 1970's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back