Best filter for Cummins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amsoil EaO80 or Donaldson ELF7349. Donaldson is a much better price for having the exact same media inside. The best prices I have found for the Donaldson are at www.apartsdepot.com

Get rid of all your old style filter wrenches and get a cam-action filter wrench. You will not need another filter wrench in your lifetime. Very easy to change the filter from under the truck. Not a single thing needs to be removed.

Last edited:
Looks like Amsoil heard you, the EaO80 Nanofiber filters have been fluted these past few months.

The Donaldson Blue DBL7349 nanofiber filter (replaces the ELF) is still unfluted as of last week's fresh stock.

Originally Posted by Invasivore
Yes but the donaldson has no flutes or any way to remove it from the truck other than a strap wrench which doesnt work to well if you have ever changed oil on a cummins. The donaldson is also the same as the amsoil filter. Wont buy one until they add flutes

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
I use a plier style wrench for mine. No problem.

I use the LF9028 filter. Full flow and bypass filter in the same can.

I don't know about pliers. I've got a small cam-style tool that literally digs into the filter can. But mine is for smaller style. Lisle has one designed for larger filters - they say 3-1/8" to 3-7/8" which should cover all the filters mentioned here (in this old, old thread).

https://www.lislecorp.com/specialty-tools/wide-range-filter-wrench

[Linked Image]

Not literally pliers. Plier style filter removal tool. Cam style is nice too, but I'd rather tank it from the base plate lip than the can. Not declaring superiority. Just preference.

If it was me, I'd go with the Fleetguard Stratapore, Donaldson Blue or an FU in that order.

Cummins doesn't offer their Venturi or NanoNet designs for the B-series engines... or do they?

Originally Posted by nthach
If it was me, I'd go with the Fleetguard Stratapore, Donaldson Blue or an FU in that order.

Cummins doesn't offer their Venturi or NanoNet designs for the B-series engines... or do they?
They offer a Venturi for the B series in a Kubota, and that's what's on the '06 in my sig.

The Nanonet for 5.9/6.7 is due out soon.

Whether it'll be cross referenced for a 3000rpm road engine or a 1000rpm generator/loader engine is anyone's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back