Hummus anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CivicFan
Do they eat raw ground filet mignon in Kuwait? I recall my grandma making something like that and she told me it was a dish from Lebanon. I was a kid and at the time the idea of raw beef grossed me out.

Nope, don't have any dishes made with raw beef. There is an Armenian/Turkish dish, served as an appetizer, made with raw mincemeat though. The mince has to be absolutely fat free and pretty high quality, as it's mixed with bulgur, which is knead with water until it completely softens. It then gets mixed together with the mincemeat, onions, tomato/pepper paste, mint, parley and spices. They then keep kneading them together for hours on end before it's fit to eat. It's actually pretty nice, but extremely spicy and takes absolute ages to prepare.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Do they eat raw ground filet mignon in Kuwait? I recall my grandma making something like that and she told me it was a dish from Lebanon. I was a kid and at the time the idea of raw beef grossed me out.

Nope, don't have any dishes made with raw beef. There is an Armenian/Turkish dish, served as an appetizer, made with raw mincemeat though. The mince has to be absolutely fat free and pretty high quality, as it's mixed with bulgur, which is knead with water until it completely softens. It then gets mixed together with the mincemeat, onions, tomato/pepper paste, mint, parley and spices. They then keep kneading them together for hours on end before it's fit to eat. It's actually pretty nice, but extremely spicy and takes absolute ages to prepare.

Yes, that's what it is - mixed with bulgur and stuff and takes hours to prepare. She was Armenian.

Do you know how it's called?

Yes, that's what it is - mixed with bulgur and stuff and takes hours to prepare. She was Armenian.

Do you know how it's called?

Chee kufta
smile.gif

Thanks.

I was reading the recipe and now I am craving for lahmajoon. I haven't had it for 15 years, not since I was in the Middle East the last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back