Transmission Magnet forgot to reinstall..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, quick question, i did a pan drop on the ciera, replaced the filter & gasket, reinstalled, filled with 6 qts of Castro HM ATF fluid, only to notice the transmission pan magnet was left out... How could i forget to put it back in the pan after cleaning everything up? I dont know..

Is it needed for say a 20K max mile OCI? That should be less then 6 months.. on the next change i will put it back in, or should i drop the pan, and reinstall it now? Its a small little magnet, pretty strong though, about the size of a oil change sticker..

Thanks!.

Just place it on the outside of the pan... That way you don't loose it... I have a magnet about twice the size of a silver dollar on the bottom of my pan surrounding the drain plug...Then I have 3 Neodymium Magnets attached to my spin-on transmission filter...I really like my magnets...

Don't bother about the magnet and a good refresh of the fluid as u did is plenty, if you could find a drain plug with a magnet that would give you peace of mind. A neatly broken down transmission catches less on the magnets.

Enjoy the hardwork and a new soup for the tranny!!

I've done that before. Just stick it to the bottom of the pan and put it back in the next time you do the pan drop. No worries!

Don't sweat it. My car - a Mercedes - did not come with a pan magnet. I installed one when I changed the trans fluid and dropped the pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back