Need a good seal conditioner additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: electrolover
Originally Posted By: sandy_d
Originally Posted By: steve20

FWIW I NEVER suggest a solvent flush---ever--dude, you've got to get past that GUNK stuff

Absolutely true, you are much more likely to do further and serious damage to an engine using that junk than just doing nothing at all! NEVER, EVER USE SOLVENTS IN AN ENGINE!

Only use a detergent based product!

i cant speak for the gunk flush because i dont use flushes.
how much can something clean in 10 mins of run time? but i got about 20k with solvents like kreen and mmo in my 5.4 and its running better than ever.
Gunk is junk, just thins oil down...Tried myself...nothing.

The 86-88 SS only came with a 3.73. There was no other option. Earler ones without the 200R4 had a TH350 Turbo and had the 3.42 gearing.

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
If you have leaks, fix them. Nothing is going to stop a leak but a seal replacement.

Agreed...the best coarse of action is to replace the leaking seal/gasket. However, I've personally experienced a leaking rear main seal that was permanently stopped by a $17 jug of Valvoline MaxLife & a PCV clean-up.

But in some cars, like mine, you really dont want to spend many many hours to pull an engine to replace a 5 dollar seal. Those computer controlled quadrajet engines are a nightmare of vacuum lines and wires.

Would a true synthetic oil with esters like Redline or Royal Purple HPS be more preventive medicine for valve seals than regular paoIII synthetic oils??

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
If you have leaks, fix them. Nothing is going to stop a leak but a seal replacement.

Not true. I've stopped countless oil leaks with motor oil saver.
The right way is to replace the gasket however it's not the only way.

And solvent flushes definitely have their place however unless I knew for Serbian I had a deposit problem I wouldn't just arbitrary use one.

The best two stop leak additives that I'm aware of are Liqui-Moly's Motor Oil Saver and ATP's AT-205 Seal Conditioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back