Forum reply notification

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I enable eMail notification of a topic I have posted or replied to?
Also, when I am typing inside this box, at a certain point I cannot see what I am typing. I have to "preview post" to see what I have blindly typed??
I am sure it is a simple problem with my computer, but I can't find a fix.
Any suggestions?

Originally Posted By: Jiles
How do I enable eMail notification of a topic I have posted or replied to?
Also, when I am typing inside this box, at a certain point I cannot see what I am typing. I have to "preview post" to see what I have blindly typed??
I am sure it is a simple problem with my computer, but I can't find a fix.
Any suggestions?

This must be a very common problem, as I always have it too. If there is a cure, I would be interested.

concerning the "blind typing" - you need to maximize your browser window. Having your browser window small apparently puts pressure on this dialog box (squeezes it - and it doesn't handle text well).

Hope that helps.

If you go into full reply there is a box for you to check if you want to be notified. (Add this thread to my Watched Topics.)

If you forgot on the first post in a thread then all you do is go to the top of the thread, click on Topic Options, Add topic to your watched topics. IF you have in your preferences on the board set to receive notifications then you will get an email.

The not being able to see text as you type it seems to be a "feature" of IE. Is that the browser you are using?

Bill

PS: I think I have the record for sentences that start / contain the words IF you....
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back