Post your current MPG

'08 YARIS base model sedan w/4 speed auto . 40.86 m.p.g.. Continental Pro Contact Eco Plus at 35 p.s.i.. SHELL synthetic 5w-30 (SN/GF-5). VALERO 87 w/10% corn and 1 click of nozzle at same pump as last fill .

Last edited:
1999 Buick LeSabre, 80% rural highway driving, tires at max sidewall, using a ScanGauge II for MPG feedback: 29.5 MPG.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I'm a bit dissapointed in the MPG of our cars. They meet the EPA rating but, I wish it was better. Especially my wife's Lexus RX-300. EPA-18 city/22 hiwy. Have to baby the thing to get those numbers. I shouldn't complain since we bought the cars knowing this.

Just got back from Toronto this past weekend. Went up to watch 2 games of the 4 game series between the Yankees/Blue Jays. Split 2/2! We also enjoyed the vendors and small business of Yonge St. and the "Live Green Toronto Festival".

Love Toronto! Been traveling there since the early 70's. And all of the other areas of downtown Toronto and the ball park, outdoor cafes', pubs, resturants & shops.

From Rochester, we traveled to Buffalo to pick up our daughter at her appt and then off to Toronto. Driving a bit over the NY State speed limit of 65 mph(70-75 mph on I-90) and 80 mph on the QEW along with the stop & go of Yonge St to our hotel and back home again on the same tank of gas, we got 20.6 mpg. We parked the car at the hotel for the weekend and walked everywhere as we always do. My hip hurts a little!

So, we started off in the morning Friday 15th, stopped for tolls, stopped in Buffalo around UB, back on the road again, hit the boarder of US/Can, stop&go of downtown Toronto and back again doing the same thing on Saturday 16th only in reverse (Yonge St, QEW, US/Can boarder, tolls, Buffalo to Rochester), I guess 20 + mpg isn't too bad at these speeds, people/luggage and one tank of gas.

Unfortunately mpg`s should be the least of your concerns with that car.

I know right!
I'm the only one who cares about MPG. The others in the family couldn't care less. I have always been anal about MPG even on my old 400-455ci engines in the past, I measured the MPG. 6-10mpg!

With this car in particular I should be worried about the tranny, this I know! It's been a good car thus far with only a few things puzzeling me but, otherwise it's been fine.

My exptecations of this car for $40K(when new) has been higher than the car itself for the money. Maybe I shouldn't spend more money on vehciles as I am more impressed with vehicles the less I spend.

Filled up all the cars this weekend. Strangely once one gets empty, it stops getting driven ?!?!

My last tank in the FX - 12.1mpg

Last tank in the G35 - 19

Last tank in the 528i - 26

Last tank in the CBR - 36

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX, single exhaust, 2.73RAR: 15.7MPG
I think that is my best tank ever doing my work jaunts. Usually its more like 12MPG.

210 miles from 12.133 gallons = 17.3MPG
Filled up with ethanol free gas this time.

198 miles from 10.87 gallons = 18.22MPG

191 miles from 10.7 gallons =17.85MPG
I did a lot of 'extra' driving on the previous tank which explains the drop. 17.5-18MPG is probably going to be what I can get out of it in this commute even under my alternate driving methodology which consists of mild hypermiling. Its too bad I cant keep the engine hot somehow. Ive done my drive on a hot engine and gotten 20MPG fairly regularly. Driving to work on a .1 gallon of gas is pretty nice. Doing it cold 16-17 is about the limit.

Last edited:
62 Buick Lesabre- 9mpg city, 15mpg highway
73 Buick Lesabre- 12mpg city, 18mpg highway
78 Ford LTD- 15mpg city, 25mpg highway
70 Chrysler Newport- 8 to 10 mpg city, 16 mpg highway
78 Ford Granada- 22mpg city, 30mpg highway

03 Toyota Sienna 38k miles- 18 mixed, 26~27 HW @70 MPH
10 Nissan Xterra 8k miles- 18.5 mixed, 23~25 HW @70 MPH
08 Suzuki B-King 2200 miles- 43 mixed, 52 HW @ 75 MPH

16.1 on this tank in the FX
33.2 mpg (is that even possible?) in a rental Charger 3.6 over a whole tank with cruise set at 79mph.

This is my third fillup in the Civic and the gas mileage just keeps getting better and better! I did a little bit more highway driving on this tank and put in some fresh iridium spark plugs, and managed to get 37.9 MPG! I drove more than 714 km on this tank and still had enough gas to go another 90 km, so if I really wanted to cut it close I could've gone 800 km on this tank! A pure highway trip and I know it'll get over 1000 km easily. Nice!

35.5mpg with the Aspire last tank 95% highway with 4oz of MMO in the tank. 4oz felt like it was too much. Typically around town 27 is average. I guess it's comparable to other 4dr auto should get better but not bad for a $200 car!

With my big body i've only been getting about 23mpg on the highway. Sometimes I wish it didn't have the larger gear. The wifes impala gets 30mpg on the highway.

the truck a 2001 dakota V-6 42 trans with 3.55 rear end gear stock. changed the rear gear to 4.1 LSD. before the gear change mpg was from 9, to 11 it would vary a lot. all in town driving. i drive hard. after gear change i only have 2 tank fills, 13 mpg. at 35 mph the overdrive comes in and the rpm drops to 1400, and the engine pulls the load. i think ill be happy with the gear change

I just took a one hour highway trip in the Civic with the cruise control set to 100km/h most of the time and at the end my Scangauge showed 44.8 MPG! (that was the entire trip from start to finish, including a cold start at the beginning and the stop and go traffic for the first 5 minutes of the journey) The route I took wasn't completely flat either, if I could go on a long drive without any hills to climb, this car would easily return over 50 MPG. Tomorrow morning I'm getting up early (6am) and will take the same highway route but will set the cruise at 80km/h instead. Hopefully there won't be too many people on the road at that early hour, they won't like me driving so slow! (although there are three lanes to choose from, so they can't get too mad!)

I don't even need to read to know how these threads go... So I'll play the "Artificially inflate my MPG" game...

2008 Sonata
50/50 highway/city
47.8 MPG

Wow, that was fun!

I did a lot of highway driving on this tank in my Civic and got 39.9 MPG! The last 100km of this tank was my highway run that I promised I would do in my last post, I set the cruise control at 80km/h this time. I got 52.3 MPG for that trip!
smile.gif
Driving that slow on the highway is pretty crazy though, even at 6am on a Sunday. At one point, some idiot tailgated me and was flashing his lights, even though he had five lanes to choose from! Sheesh buddy!

I get 32 MPG 95% highway with my Accent, she gets 26 MPG 95% city with hers, both with 4 speed slushboxes. Not really impressive considering the size, weight and lack of power.

Back