Kreen piston soak experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some may remember that a month ago I did a monster 3-week MMO piston soak that worked well and stopped oil consumption in the last 2000 miles.

The pistons were 50% free of carbon right after the MMO soak, but are 100% covered by carbon again.

I decided to do Kreen soak right before next oil change. I used 1 oz Kreene in each cylinder and soaked for 12 hrs. 2 pistons had Kreen and 2 were dry after that. I added small amounts of Kreen to the dry cylinders (
Was planning to also add Kreen to oil, but I didn't as it was full and I didn't want to overfill.

I will do oil change tonight and find out what is hiding inside the oil filter.

13.gif

Death to carbon!!! Can't wait, man. Will you open the filter?
36.gif

I wonder if feeding small amounts of hot water via a vacuum line while the engine is running would get you to 95% carbon free? Being careful not to hydro-lock the engine.

Sounds like you need to tune that monster so it quits loading up!

Put Kreen in the oil. It works quickly and if you are all carboned up on the tops you know the rings are coked up as well.

^I'd seriously like to see what something like Power Foam would do prior to his subsequent followup OCI, just for comparison purposes, on top of that(a short kreen OCI).
grin2.gif

19.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I wonder if feeding small amounts of hot water via a vacuum line while the engine is running would get you to 95% carbon free? Being careful not to hydro-lock the engine.

Well lots of Saab enthusiasts that really wring out their Turbo fours use water injection to cool the air coming from the turbo.

Side benefit is really clean cylinders/pistons.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I'm really after the oil rings cleaning. Decarbon is a side effect, but to me it shows the strength of Kreen.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Put Kreen in the oil. It works quickly and if you are all carboned up on the tops you know the rings are coked up as well.

Not sure why all that carbon. The fuel trims are reasonable and everything else is in the good shape. The ring coking is a known issue in older 1ZZ-FE.

I changed oil last night and opened oil filter. More carbon particles than normally inside the filter (only 2000 miles on oil), but less compared to after MMO soak. I believe Kreen had fewer deposits to clean following the MMO soak. It was too dark to evaluate for sparkling metal particles inside oil filter (direct sun is great for that).

Now, I have Maxlife oil in and I hope oil consumption will be history in this car. If not, I have BG109 flush ready to use in the next oil change.

^I like your methods, keep us posted. You're probably close to as clean as you can be as far as soakings are concerned, though help yourself to more if you need to.
grin.gif
Also, if consumptions goes down would you consider experimenting with a bottle of Lubro Moly MoS2?
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Not sure why all that carbon. The fuel trims are reasonable and everything else is in the good shape. The ring coking is a known issue in older 1ZZ-FE.

Sounds as though it is set up pig rich for longevity. Mine is also.

BTW, rings have been coked up on everything I ever tore down but one motor. I feel it happens to almost anything with some miles on it.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
I Now, I have Maxlife oil in and I hope oil consumption will be history in this car. If not, I have BG109 flush ready to use in the next oil change.

BG109..............Wasn't that a WWII German fighter?
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back