Brickyard 400- Menard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see Paul Menard get his first cup win today. Seems to be a genuinely nice guy who has paid his dues but usually in inferior race cars. Not my favorite track but still a nice win.

Yes, I found myself rooting for Jeff to cut through traffic, but by the last lap, I was happy he didn't catch Menard. Nice win.

I bet a buddy of mine a couple of moths ago that Menard would get a win before Dale Jr. or Stewart. With his family's history at the Brickyard it was nice to see him win there. Great finish.

+1 Good to see Paul Menard win. He has had quite a burden with his family's name when in reality he has been a pretty decent driver in the past. He ran hard when he could, conserved fuel when he had to and, in general, drove a very smart race. He more than deserved the win. Good job too by Reagan Smith coming a 3rd. What happened to Mark Martin? He was like 2nd or 3rd on the next to the last lap and ended up 8th. Mark has had a rough season.

I wondered about Mark. I really thought he had a shot today!! I'll bet he ran out of gas the way he dropped back so quickly.

yeah they were all convserving gas, but when menard pumped it up at the end Mark seemed to stay at the conserving rate.....

I was cheering Jeff on to win too, its always great to see someone you like trying to chase someone down at the end for the win... It adds some suspense instead of the leader just blowing by the finish line 7 seconds ahead of everyone else for the last 10 laps....

Paul seems like a good driver, and he played out a good race, Indy is a hard track to win and u gotta drive it spot on every corner.... There is only one fast line, at some tracks some guys can make a higher or lower line work.... not at Indy!

at least its not another win for Ky. Bush or Harvick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back