Is cousin using wrong oil in car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
1/4 mile (E.T.) 15.0 sec, MPH: low 90's.

Hmmmm, about what a new Civic Si runs.
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: Jakegday
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
when it come to FWD I dont feel nothing,mabe I get use to RWD horse power ^^

and a 2nd ridiculous comment that contributes nothing to this thread... and this one makes you look like an even bigger idiot..

lol you mad bro ? chill out

Originally Posted By: Jakegday
when it come to FWD I dont feel nothing,mabe I get use to RWD horse power ^^

and a 2nd ridiculous comment that contributes nothing to this thread... and this one makes you look like an even bigger idiot..

lol you mad bro ? chill out

chilling would occur if you attempted to contribute to the forum in a way that was not offensive in content or structure

tell him he can forget about his car having a supercharger. just tell him he have a normal engine. I drove those before, feel like im driving a 4 cynlinder honda, that thing have no torque, and front wheel drive too.

Most naturally aspirated 3.8 powered cars ran decent and the supercharged version ran pretty darn good. If you had a bad experience, then there was likely something wrong with it.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
The supercharger has it's own oil supply anyhow so the engine oil is not as "stressed" as in a turbo application.

Yes, definitely. In fact, this brings an EXCELLENT point... Has he maintained that supercharger??? It seems nobody does...

On topic - like GMBoy said, it has it's own oil and the engine itself isn't hard on it's own lube. Have him stick to what he's doing.

I own a 99 gtp 2 door in the past, I like their HD tranmission, those 3800 series 2 is best depenable engine gm ever build in my opiniopn. the super charger have their own oil, its little bottle u buy at gm dealer, and their a little hole at the bottem ( side ) where u change it out. Many peoples in forum suggest using a empty bottle spray work best. spark plug change is kinda pain, since you may need rock the engine to front to get those plug in the back ( these type of car run best on AD delco part ) unless u have a very skinny arm. back then I joint those gtp forum and learn alot about it. did alot research about peforming, but end up sale the gtp. then I move to V8 rear wheel drive car and got hook.

Last edited:
if your cousin want a complete tune up for his gtp, their a guy at gtp forum or club gtp, its been awhile. put together all the best tune up part as a " complete tune up kit " I bought a kit from him for $200, it has everything to complete tune up the gtp, 1 or 2 bottle super charger oil also include.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back