Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ~95% on the sidelines - just waiting for a 10-20% pullback to back up the truck.

Just heard on the radio today that starbucks SBUX made a new high today. From a low of around $6.00 in Mar09 to todays high of $40.00. WOW!

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Sold RGR today. Made some healthy cash.

Would have been even more heathier if you sold it today.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Sold RGR today. Made some healthy cash.

Would have been even more heathier if you sold it today.

I know! It was a weird late pop. I sold on the news of earnings, then two days later the institutions move in on the stock. I'm not complaining, I got in under $20. I'm not greedy.

Yep. Me too. Maybe closer to 75% - I still have a couple funds. Plus my income stuff.

Was hoping for more of a sell-off than we got today....especially going into the weekend. But then again there's always Monday.

Not a good day to be long.

Dow 11,866.62.... -265.87 -2.19%

Nasdaq 2,669.24.... -75.37 -2.75%

S&P 500 1,254.05.... -32.89 -2.56%

Pablo, I haven't read all of this thread yet, but it seems you tend to tell us quickly of all the big profits but not of the inevitable losses. Am I right or wrong?

Originally Posted By: Maximus1966
Pablo, I haven't read all of this thread yet, but it seems you tend to tell us quickly of all the big profits but not of the inevitable losses. Am I right or wrong?

I certainly don't talk about all my trades, that's for sure. That said, I have not had a loss over 7-8% on any stock in a really long time. I always set my limit at - 7%, and yes sometimes I get chucked out really early - but I have no big losses. I learned this from IBD. I also don't trade much or heavily when the market is in an overall market downtrend. Took me a long time to learn this stuff, and when I was young I took some stupid heavy losses - mostly because of foolish pride.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Not a good day to be long.

Dow 11,866.62.... -265.87 -2.19%

Nasdaq 2,669.24.... -75.37 -2.75%

S&P 500 1,254.05.... -32.89 -2.56%

Right, but one of my few stocks Vringo (VRNG) closed up ~20% and I sold earlier in the day when it was up 51%.
banana2.gif

I was going to buy more at 1.35 a week ago, but didn't; it doubled since then.

Still have a lot of shares and see it going higher as it's just getting into Countries... (JMHO though...)

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Wow; gold is going through the roof!

And people thought I was pyscho buying on the dips. Darn tootin'

I loaded up on the last dip and set up stop losses with GLD. Still lovin the PRPFX fund! We shall see.

Gold funds that are heavy in mining companies aren't doing so hot YTD though - overall market is dragging them down or something.

Last edited:
I bought $5K each of long term money into these funds today:

DGAGX
JENSX
BVEFX

I doubt they will be be up much for awhile. But these kind of funds aren't for watching.

I was going to actually buy a bit more, but my internet went down at 12:45, Came back at 1:04. Arggghhh!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back