LAT Liquid Friction Reducer Engine Oil Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
worked at the mile high nationals this past weekend alot of the pro stock,top fuel, and funny cars uses lat(lubeatech) oils and oil additive..this 12oz additive yields 250ppm organic moly 200ppm zinc/6qt.of oil..i ordered this today will use this instead of lubegard bio engine tx.alot uses red line too. and kendal...this additive far,far better then any moly additive..this company been around 40 years and caters to the pros...

Last edited:
I did not even know that LAT had an additive available.

Is this fairly new?

Their oils seem great, but are up in that Torco SR5/Motul 300V/Silkolene/etc. price range ($15.00-$25.00/qt., ltr.).

Do you know what the pre-yeild ppm levels are of this stuff, as it sits in the can/bottle, so I can compare it to the Torco MPZ/SEP??

yes, this is new!! i don't know what the pre yield is prob can figure this out mathematically.maybe do a voa...according to lat ,it is far better then mpz which i love..mpz is really hi in phos and antimony so far he said it just has zinc and moly in it.....check their site out.lat is up there even with red line and motul 300v, torco sr-5...i know adding 1 oz. of mpz to a qt. with no moly = total 230.39ppm......adding 1 oz. of mpz to a qt. of oil withn moly (red line) =151.6of total molyppm
so its prob. higher then mpz and zep..

Last edited:
OK Tommie! What benefit has it provided you? Spill beans!
grin.gif

smoothhhhhhh...iam noticing a cooler engine...too early to tell in just two days....i just feel comfortable for once using a pro friction modifier and anti wear additive supplement...i have no scientific proof subjective... i saw bottles of this additive and oils from LAT in the pits at the mile high nationals i worked at...i only used 6 oz. to my already red line oil..in two vehicles.time will tell about gas mileage....going to use this instead of torco mpz..the two feels way different the mpz feels gritty and the lat feels smoooooooth....lol..the guys say that the mpz falls out and the lat does not...lat said they use the absolute best moly organic and zinc....i wish you all here give this a try and looking forward for your opinions

Last edited:
when i spoke to lat he said they get alot of their additives (moly)from infineum and others...the moly is prob.trinuclear tho i did not ask him...

Last edited:
these guys are awsome!! order it here...jegs doesn't carry it but rancho transaxles does..i ordered last thurs and came in reg. mail on sat.

Last edited:
I just figured that the shipping and handling would be a lot less from Jeg's since they are not clear across the country!

But yes, when I have the coin, I will order 2 bottles from them to try.
wink.gif

THANKS!!
thumbsup2.gif

just my opinion. i would not try lubro moly!!it is an inorganic moly and it does fall out. it is catered toward the consumer..the lat uses absolute very best additives and moly is a organic,zinc.this product caters to the professional whith the million buck stuff it has to work. guessing is not an option...i have learned alot in the past several months especially when talking to different big time pit crews..14.95 a bottle is afordable to me especially for my vehicles..my engines are extremely smooth and cooler..a great combination with red line or any other oil..1 12oz bottle boosts moly 250ppm and zinc 200ppm.i only used 6oz.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
just my opinion. i would not try lubro moly!!it is an inorganic moly and it does fall out. it is catered toward the consumer..the lat uses absolute very best additives and moly is a organic,zinc.this product caters to the professional whith the million buck stuff it has to work. guessing is not an option...i have learned alot in the past several months especially when talking to different big time pit crews..14.95 a bottle is afordable to me especially for my vehicles..my engines are extremely smooth and cooler..a great combination with red line or any other oil..1 12oz bottle boosts moly 250ppm and zinc 200ppm.i only used 6oz.

From what I've read, it settles out a little. Once started, it circulates instantly. I'm not really worried about it at all w/ the Mos2. I like the Moly in the LAT, but don't really have a need for the extra Zinc(except for my F100).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back