O'Reilly Full Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what type of driving you do. It is made by Omni Industries. Can't say I ever heard of them but the oil is API SN and meets all specs.

Depends on what you are running it in, and how ya drive it. Not all synthetics are long haul oils. Valvoline for instance is only good for 5k most of the time, but does give great wear numbers.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Depends on what you are running it in, and how ya drive it. Not all synthetics are long haul oils. Valvoline for instance is only good for 5k most of the time, but does give great wear numbers.
+1 I would like to see Valvoline come out with a true long OCI syn that can do wear numbers like their current products. Im surprised they dont have something to compete with PU and M1EP.

I ran Valvoline SYN 5W-30 with a Pennzoil oil filter for 3K and the oil was blacker than black. Don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing. I should of did a UOA on it. I have been using full synthetic oil since 3K and now I am at 96K. I have used OCI's of 6-9K so I do consider my engine some what clean. Mostly used Amsoil and Pennzoil Platinum for the life of the engine.

Originally Posted By: renegade_987
What should the OCI on O'reilly Full Synthetic be? I saw in a VOA that the TBN is 8.0. Could it go 7K-8K? TIA

you would be better off running chevron supreme dino

Off the cuff I would opine that for standard service virtually any 10W-30 full synthetic would be good for your suggested 7-8K OCI.

Especially if you are not stretching this out over a couple years, time-wise. Or towing a 10,000 Lb. trailer off-road every day...

Is the standard usage factory-suggested OCI not 7.5K on this vehicle?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back