Oil Recommendation for 2011 Nissan Sentra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

What kind of oil would you guys recommend on my wife's 2011 Nissan Sentra. Getting first 6 oil changes for free at dealer and was looking to take my own oil. They told us that they use GTX synblend but would like to use something different.

She drives 50/50 city/highway
looking at 4000 miles OCI because of warranty
Probably not worth going synthetic because of OCI so any synblend or conventional would be great.

Martin

Any of todays major brands are really good for your intentions. The super premium oils would be better if you were extending the oil change intervals.

Just take advantage of the free changes. GTX Synblend is absolutely fine for those 4k intervals. You will be wasting money. I am surprised people would recommend PYB or any other conventional when GTX is FREE!!

Please save your money.

When the dealer changes are over we can talk about oil.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Just take advantage of the free changes. GTX Synblend is absolutely fine for those 4k intervals. You will be wasting money. I am surprised people would recommend PYB or any other conventional when GTX is FREE!!

Please save your money.

When the dealer changes are over we can talk about oil.

I agree.

Use the six free oil changes. That's good oil you'd be wasting. That car will die of something not at all oil related (loose throttle plate screws, anyone?) assuming it doesn't ever run *out* of oil.

You would be considered by some to be crazy not to accept the dealer offer of free oil changes given that GTX syn blend is an excellent oil. By all means use the freebees and then use what you want. Enjoy your new Sentra! FWIW--Oldtommy

Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy
You would be considered by some to be crazy not to accept the dealer offer of free oil changes given that GTX syn blend is an excellent oil. By all means use the freebees and then use what you want. Enjoy your new Sentra! FWIW--Oldtommy

What the old dude said above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back