What temperature do you have your A/C set on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me? 79 degrees. Plus, I turn my Air Conditioner off when I go to work. People think I'm crazy but I am not used to cold air because I grew up with no Air Conditioning. I've noticed that people who set their A/C on below 75 degrees tend to whine about the heat the most. We can put the man on the moon but we can't find an ultra-efficient method of cooling that is just as effective as the refrigeration cycle.

I live in a top floor apartment with a semi-flat roof, so when I am at home, it is usually set at about 70* most of the time. You can feel the heat radiate down from the ceiling. But on the hottest July and August days, the temperature in here is about 92* even with it running. It is a wall unit. If left off for a day at those times the temperature in here will go up to about 115 degrees.

78 all the time. I have a Carrier Infinity which really removes the humidity. On Friday when it was 102 outside, it felt cold in the house at 78 with 43% humidity.

I have no A/C, I open some windows in the evening to let mother nature cool down the house and close all windows during the day. During the day the inside temperature is usually around 70-75, I don't even need to turn on table fans the last 2 weeks, I turned the fans on 3 weeks ago for a couple days when inside was above 75-76. My electric usage in summer is less than in winter, about 320-350KWH in summer and 380-400KWH in winter.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
78° - 80° when we are out.

When you come in from 105°, 78° feels downright comfortable.

Same as me..and I'm in your area, too

79 degrees. And my air pretty much runs constantly in this heat. And as far as the op's post about ultra-efficient, geothermal seems to be as close as you can get. I know of one person that installed geo (10k) and went from 7000 dollars of propane a year to 700 for heating. Also reduced a 400 a month electric bill to 70. New geo systems are pretty cool. The company used a well drill to bore a hole straight down and sunk a vertical unit instead of the more common trench and laying of piping.

We run ours at 77 degrees all the time. In some cases it costs more to turn the unit off or way high while not there because they unit then has to work to bring the heat back down. With the heat we've been getting this year that can take a while for some of us.

If I'm in an environment with central AC where I have control of the thermostat - 65F.

Window unit? As low as it'll go on the highest fan setting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back